Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POA's acnd credit card accounts

1. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!

POA's acnd credit card accounts

Advertisements
    Ok so here's the story...I'm wanting to open up a joint Wells Fargo acct to purchase Bryan's new, duplicate wedding ring. With the WF card, it's 12 months, no interest. We really don't have $$$$ to fork out at the moment, due to our upcoming move. The manager at the jewelry store said that Wells Fargo won't open an account with ANY POA. She told me to come back tomorrow, because only the owner deals with POA transactions. The manager said in the 2.5 years she's worked there, they've "never" dealt with a POA transaction. I call on that statement!!! They(the jewelry store) DO NOT have ANY written literature whatsoever on their POA policy. So my question is, has anyone ever dealt with opening a credit card acct w/ a POA?!? How did that go?!? TIA! This is making me mad. I'd wait until Bryan gets back, but unfortunately it takes about 10 business days for the special ordered ring to come in. I really don't want to wait and NOT have the ring come in in time.
    PS...the manager was PRETTY snarky. Jenn(Define) can vouch for that!
  2. Senior Member
    Open the account online. I've never gone anywhere and opened a joint account with a POA.
    Hilda
  3. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    LOL!!! Your response is practically the same FIRST response I got on my other board.
    I don't believe I can, because it's the jewler's credit card. The jeweler goes through Wells Fargo, as their cc. kwim? Like Best Buy goes through Household Bank. That type of thing. The jeweler is pretty small so I highly doubt they have their own website where I can apply for their card directly.
  4. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    I opened up a credit card account in his name online. When in person POA's have always been accepted. For me that is.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    It's up to the business whether or not to accept a POA. A lot of companies dont anymore, because of the bad apples that have ruined their SO's credit with POA's.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I had to get a special banking POA for them, and they had a bit of a fit about it too. I could do transactions on his part, so I just took a cash advance from his credit card, and they allowed me to do that and any other transaction. But I didn't try to open an account in his name, so I am not much help.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    it's up the bank. Wells Fargo is more or less a high end bank. I know the branch in texas looked at you're credit score when allowing you to opening up a checking account. POA's have gotten a bad rap in the past few years so it's not surprising that they wouldn't allow you to. At any rate it's all up to the bank.
    TK
    Read your POA before talking to the next person. Depending on the POA you have, you can point to the exact part that says what you can do. They will probably try and say that you don't have any rights, blah, blah, blah, so if you're prepared they'll feel like the fools. If they still won't help you, go somewhere else (if possible). That's how Verizon lost our account after 10+ years. Good luck. I hope that they are willing to work with you.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I just went to a briefing before DH went to play in the sandbox: No company has to accept a general POA, however, they have a hard time not being able to accept special POA's. I told DH that and he added the power for me to sell/buy a home( I hate it in Georgia!), sell/buy cars( we don't need 2 car pymts now), pay all specified bills, and access to our stocks/accounts. You might look into that.
  10. Senior Member
    I would call Wells Fargo and tell them what you're doing and then see what you need from them.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast