Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wills

1. Senior Member

wills

Advertisements
    we've got just a few weeks til deployment and John still hasn't done his yet. I want one too just because you never know what will happen. He says the chances are so slim of something happening to both of us while we're half way round the world from each other that he doesn't think I need to worry about one. I worry about it all the time not just deployment time. I want to know that my children will go to the people we have chosen and that IF some freak thing did happen the people we have chosen will get all that we want them to have to help raise our kids. Can I go somewhere an just get my own without him?

I've talked to him about this for over a year now. The best I can come up with is that if we both have a will it means we can die and that we have acknowledged that fact and that scares him. Its important to me to know my children will be in good hands and not fought over by our families should the worst happen.
  2. Armylove
    I think having a will is a good idea. Get him to do it. Its just being safe, its not just oyu and him you have to worry about. Ya got kids. GOod luck hun!
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Ever now and then DH or I will bring the topic up but have yet to go and do something about it. We both know that we should though especially now that we have Miss K
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  4. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    We're going to redo ours this summer. It's part of the pre-deployment checklist here that they have to have their wills updated within a year.
  5. Armylove
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    We're going to redo ours this summer. It's part of the pre-deployment checklist here that they have to have their wills updated within a year.
    ditto, DH has to get one done very soon
  6. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBarnum View Post
    ditto, DH has to get one done very soon
    it's not just DH here. I have to have one also. It's part of NATO's rules for us...makes sense to me though
  7. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    Yes, DH and I went down and got ours at the Jag office on base. You should be able to go in and do it on your own, but you might want to call first to be sure. It's a good idea, primarily we just wanted to be sure the family wouldn't be conflicted over our final wishes for DD if something were to happen to both of us.
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  8. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    As soon as we got married a will was made up. Now that we have kids we redo it every year. It's not just for the benifit of your kids. It's yours to. If anything were to happen I think it would help you out.
  9. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    DH re-does his right before each deployment, along with giving me a current POA.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

10. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    well my hubby just had his will redone cause he hadnt updated it in awhile and I have never had one so I got mine done too. it wasnt hard at all so I dont see why your DH wont set up a time for both of you to get it done. I dont blame you for wanting peace of mind just in case. Even if nothing happens its better to be safe than sorry, but if you went out on your own to get it done it might cost you something but I am not sure on that either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast