Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Just needed to

1. Joy
    Banned
    Banned

Just needed to

Advertisements
    get it out..

One of my friends is leaving to Iraq and we've been doing alot of talking on the phone about him leaving, planning for what ifs and details. It is very depressing and is a big reality check. I can't believe all the little details we have to go over. He is one of my best friends and have decided that god forbid something happens, I'm his point of contact. We are doing his will together in June, I'll be his executor of his estate making sure his belongings and things gets to whoever needs to get what. We also discussed emergency contact information. Also discussed care packages, shirt sizes, sock sizes, favorite candies, authors, etc. It just feels like an information overload. I hate thinking of the big bad what ifs... . I know I'll be his point of contact because he doesn't want some nameless stranger showing up at his mother's doorstep if the worst happens. It just feels like alot to take in right now with DH gone and all.
  2. Senior Member
    blinkies by Britt
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Im sorry. I wish him the best in Iraq and I will be praying for him along with my friends over there.
  4. Joy
    Banned
    Banned
    It's just scary because he'll be in the right in the nitty gritty of things. With my DH, I knew he might be going to Iraq but I knew IF he did he'd be in a safer location working on jets. Still scary but with my friend (he's the god father of our children) I know his job puts him in the thick of things and it just scares the crap out of me. But I did tell him the worst that is allowed to happen to happen to him is a bullet in the ass.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    But I did tell him the worst that is allowed to happen to happen to him is a bullet in the ass.
    blinkies by Britt