Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PCS with a newborn

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    I moved basically 2 months after my second was born.

If this is first baby let others help buy things like a crib. I had an uncle who gave me like a 200 check and i finished paying the rest of the crib i wanted. Baby doesn't need a lot of furniture at first. I didn't have a dresser of any kind till after my oldest (4) was over a year. Swip Swap can be your best friend. Even up in Alaska. Both my kids dressers were off swip swaps and we re-did one and the other we found.

We had the military move us so only a few items would be in our cars. Like kids, essential kid items, our clothes we needed right away, dog.....while the military move can be a headache it can help to cause you don't have to do the packing itself.

The physical move we had to drive. So my mom came in my car while my husband had his car.
  2. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    If you have furniture, and/or more than a car load of stuff, it is rarely worth doing a DiY move. let the military move it for you. I have probably moved 30 times, or more, (many before military) and stuff always gets broken or lost.
    Just let the professionals handle it.
    I am wanting to the military to move us. I feel like its less stressful and such. We plan on doing a yard sale before we leave so that we have less to move. The main reason why he didn't want a ton of baby furniture because the movers only allow a certain amount of weight or we need to pay.
  3. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem01 View Post
    I am wanting to the military to move us. I feel like its less stressful and such. We plan on doing a yard sale before we leave so that we have less to move. The main reason why he didn't want a ton of baby furniture because the movers only allow a certain amount of weight or we need to pay.
    Surely you won't go over the weight limit with two people...

life's a party, rock your body
  4. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rayfinkle View Post
    He's just worried if we add a dresser, crib, rocker and a few other furniture items along with what we already have.
  5. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Quote Originally Posted by rayfinkle View Post
    They shouldnít, but going off the amount of furniture and misc crap babies generate, the little one might count as at least three people all by himself

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem01 View Post
    He's just worried if we add a dresser, crib, rocker and a few other furniture items along with what we already have.
    OP, how much stuff are you sure you really need? You may be able to cut down on the weight by buying furniture that fills two slots - the dresser we bought when my oldest was a baby did double duty as somewhere to change him. Itís still doing double duty, since itís now in the room where I store my youngest two.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

There's a weight limit? It must be high, because when DF came to CT from Guam, they packed up a whole house worth of shit he accumulated...2 beds, 2 couches, like 5 dressers, 2 TV stands, a desk, bicycle, grill, vaccum, microwave, etc... He didn't pay anything extra tho
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12