Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Weirdest thing to go missing

1. Senior Member

Weirdest thing to go missing

Advertisements
    With the recent PCS, it got me thinking, what's the weirdest thing you have had go missing during a move? We had absolutely no issues our first move, it went beautifully. I wish I could say the same for this last move. Stuff was stolen, broken, and missing.

DH's toolbox, he's infuriated about it. He said he saw the movers pack it into a box and seal it up. Then when we got that box, the toolbox was missing and looked like the box had been opened and resealed. So it was stolen.
    The little tray that a mug sits on for the keurig is missing.
    A shelf to our entertainment center is missing.
    My shoe rack is broken.
    Our outdoor fire pit is broken.
    My bookshelf is broken.
    Our coffee table is broken, I am so mad about it. We can't just get another cause that set is discontinued.
    I know there's more, but that's all that's coming to mind right now.
    They also tried to give us someone else's items.

The weirdest of all that is missing? Our washcloths. Who steals washcloths?!

So tell me, what's the weirdest thing of yours that has gone missing during a move?
  2. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    At various points across our assorted moves, we have lost

Random pieces of cutlery.

The dog’s bed

One of my guitars

A set of very nice kitchen scales, which STILL annoys me.

One bucket.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  3. Senior Member
    Bras.

I moved twice that year and I honestly have no idea what I did with them. Not all of them, but a few of my nice ones. No movers either so it's not like some creepy peeps took 'em. I still wonder what happened to them and really hope they're living their best lives somewhere.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

The legs to our sofa were gone when we moved from Hawaii to Guam. Never found them anywhere and still can’t figure out why they would have been taken off to begin with, they barely protruded.

Our wedding album is gone Thankfully we have all our photos digitally but it’s not here and we can’t figure out why that would have been taken.

We’ve had lots of stuff arrive broken over the years. It’s so tiresome.
  5. Senior Member
    The legs to the dining room table made it but they lost the glass top. We got it a year later! Also dh's dress blues are gone.
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
    At various points across our assorted moves, we have lost

Random pieces of cutlery.

The dog’s bed

One of my guitars

A set of very nice kitchen scales, which STILL annoys me.

One bucket.
    I would be so mad about my guitar going missing! I think my dog would be quite upset if his bed went missing, he loves his!
    Quote Originally Posted by CDNTrish View Post
    Bras.

I moved twice that year and I honestly have no idea what I did with them. Not all of them, but a few of my nice ones. No movers either so it's not like some creepy peeps took 'em. I still wonder what happened to them and really hope they're living their best lives somewhere.
    I'm hoping they're living their best life too!
    Quote Originally Posted by KnittingGuamMama View Post
    The legs to our sofa were gone when we moved from Hawaii to Guam. Never found them anywhere and still can’t figure out why they would have been taken off to begin with, they barely protruded.

Our wedding album is gone Thankfully we have all our photos digitally but it’s not here and we can’t figure out why that would have been taken.

We’ve had lots of stuff arrive broken over the years. It’s so tiresome.
    I'd be so sad about my wedding album going missing, I probably would have cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by irish85 View Post
    The legs to the dining room table made it but they lost the glass top. We got it a year later! Also dh's dress blues are gone.
    I would be infuriated about the dress blues missing! Everything they need for those and having to get it all tailored again. UGH!
  7. Senior Member
    Tools are a high theft item. So we always pack them in our car and get reimbursed for the weight of what's in the cars.

They lost an ironing board, clothes drying rack, one the poles to a utility self. They broke a leg off of my TV stand because they forgot to remove the legs when it went on the truck. They broke my bookshelf. They broke my entry way bench and used it as a stool as there was a giant boot print on it. They gave us someone else's bedrails.

After all that, I would still never choose to do a DITY.

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caljmw649 View Post
    I would be so mad about my guitar going missing! I think my dog would be quite upset if his bed went missing, he loves his!

I'm hoping they're living their best life too!

I'd be so sad about my wedding album going missing, I probably would have cried.

I would be infuriated about the dress blues missing! Everything they need for those and having to get it all tailored again. UGH!
    I know! It happen when he was discharged from the Army ironically. But it would still have been nice for our son to see.
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  9. Senior Member
    Missing, our shower rack (the floor to ceiling kind), and my husband's speakers. They broke the wedding knife were cut our cake with. They packed a container of modge podge with dh's jordans, it leaked all over them. They broke the wheels off his grill as well.

They were back and forth about what they would and wouldn't pack. They packed some candles and matches, but left some out. Towards quitting time, they advised us to throw away a lot :/ they were terrible.