Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: PCS Newbie-- I am so lost.

1. Regular Member

PCS Newbie-- I am so lost.

Advertisements
    My husband has been at the same base for 6 years so he is due to relocate. His shop will have the majority of them move to Alaska. He put in for Montana since we have land there. Some people who voluneteered for Alaska have recieved their orders. Since my husband did not put in orders, we are still waiting to see if we are moving. He is deployed so I am not even sure if they would tell us until he gets back.

How long does it take for orders to come through and when would we most likely move? Is it 6 months after?
  2. Regular Member
    My DH is currently deployed and he received verbal orders through his Captain. He also received an email form the detailer a few days after that telling him when to expect the written ones. I would think your husband has a set amount of time in each position. When his time is up is when he would move? I'm still newer at this, but my husband spends around a 1 1/2 on his tours unless its shore duty.
  3. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemysailor16 View Post
    My DH is currently deployed and he received verbal orders through his Captain. He also received an email form the detailer a few days after that telling him when to expect the written ones. I would think your husband has a set amount of time in each position. When his time is up is when he would move? I'm still newer at this, but my husband spends around a 1 1/2 on his tours unless its shore duty.
    He's technically supposed to move because he's been at the same place for 6 years. It's just unclear on what location or when. He put in for one location but the other one his shop his going too he didn't volunteer for. That doesn't necessarly mean he won't leave them behind.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Orders are usually dropped 4-6 months out, but other circumstances can throw that time frame off. I'd bet money that since he's currently deployed he will be waiting until he's back to get them. Also, his shop going one place doesn't make a difference in where he goes nor does the dream sheet; it's all dependent on what is available at the time. However, if there was an opening in Montana for his rank during his cycle and he listed it as his only choice, he would be more likely to get matched than someone who didn't list it at all.