Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Nervous and Anxious about Retirement

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Nervous and Anxious about Retirement

Advertisements
    My husband is retiring from the army. He stayed in Maryland while I prepared a home for us in Texas for a smoother transition. I have been here now since February but I am due to travel to Maryland on January 9 because my husband told me that there is retirement paperwork and out processing that I must be present to sign. I donít know why but I feel uneasy about this. Can someone who has been through a retirement process with a spouse tell me if this sounds correct and, if so, what it is I should expect? Thanks.

Nervous and anxious
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Anxious and Nervous about Retirement

My husband is retiring from the army. He stayed in Maryland while I prepared a home for us in Texas for a smoother transition. I have been here now since February but I am due to travel to Maryland on January 9 because my husband told me that there is retirement paperwork and out processing that I must be present to sign. I donít know why but I feel uneasy about this. Can someone who has been through a retirement process with a spouse tell me if this sounds correct and, if so, what it is I should expect? Thanks.

Nervous and anxious
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Anxious and Nervous about Retirement

Nervous and anxious
  4. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

OP I merged all your threads, it is against TOS to post the same content on different parts of the board.

I hope you get some answers you’re looking for, I don’t have experience with retirement!

5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Oh, ok. Thank you.
  6. Senior Member
    The military briefs the spouse on the Survivor Benefit Plan and I think you will need to sign some forms associated with that.