Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Info on Maxwell AFB please!

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Info on Maxwell AFB please!

Advertisements
    Hello, I'm new here! My husband is active duty Air Force and he's been in almost 12 years. We're PCSing to Maxwell AFB in April and I'd like some info about the place, please. I've visited him when he's been at Maxwell for training but I don't know much about the area. He's an O-4 and ideally we'd like to live on base but we need to have a house that has at least a two car garage. From what I've seen on the privatized housing website, there are no houses on base with a two car garage so we are also looking off-base. When we PCS, my kiddos will be 6 and 3 and I'll be needing to find a good summer daycare/preschool program for them since I work full time. How's the CDC and Youth Programs on base? Do they have typically have waitlists? Does anyone have recommendations on good preschools and elementary schools off-base? Also what's the best area of town to live in if living off-base? I've heard good things about Prattville. Thank you!
  2. Senior Member
    Have you seen if there are family Facebook pages? These days those are great resources of info.
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Margot31 View Post
    Have you seen if there are family Facebook pages? These days those are great resources of info.
    Yeah I’ve done a few searches mostly for “Maxwell Families” or “Maxwell Spouses” and the like but haven’t found any.
  4. Senior Member
    I just found 2 in an easy search. There is an Officer's one and a normal one. All I said was Maxwell AFB