Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Questions about being on orders.

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Questions about being on orders.

Advertisements
    Hi! I'm a new Marine wife. And my husband should be getting orders to a new PDS soon. And he is worried that there are more steps we are missing so that I will be on his orders.
    I am already under DEERS and have an ID card. Is this all I need to be listed as a dependent under him and therefore be on his orders?

Thank y'all so much for all your help!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by frogybo3298 View Post
    Hi! I'm a new Marine wife. And my husband should be getting orders to a new PDS soon. And he is worried that there are more steps we are missing so that I will be on his orders.
    I am already under DEERS and have an ID card. Is this all I need to be listed as a dependent under him and therefore be on his orders?

Thank y'all so much for all your help!
    I think it depends....but personally I got married about 4 months before DH got hard copy orders (he already had verbals) and all I had to do was be in DEERS and on his page 2 as his dependent (I think the Marines call this something different DH is Navy). His orders basically said anyone listed as a dependent on his page 2 was authorized to move it didn't specifically say my name.
  3. Senior Member
    Is he going from A or C school/SOI/whatever training to his first duty station, or is he PCSing?

EDIT: I just saw your last post that said he was still at training. So did he get orders to Japan? You might want to update that last thread.

4. Senior Member
    Where is he going, and are the accompanied orders?
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski