Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: how accurate are web orders? and Fort Sill help/opinions/suggestions?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Question how accurate are web orders? and Fort Sill help/opinions/suggestions?

Advertisements
    Hi there,
    just wondering what everyone's experiences were with web orders? Did your SO's orders change once he received the hard copy or were they the same?

projected duty station is Fort Sill. anyone from the area? how's on base housing? is it a fun place? everything i've read online is disappointing =/

thanks!
    Last edited by motherofdragons; 10-18-2017 at 06:16 PM.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    The last time, our orders changed 5 times. Until they are hard copies, I don't believe it.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

our hardcopies were the same as the verbals. i think it just really all depends.
  4. Senior Member
    Well the needs of the military is always changing. At one point my husband had verbals to one duty station (not sure if there were hard copies) but got changes for a school several weeks later. So even with hard orders they can always change.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Rule of thumb, don't count on anything until you have a hard copy of orders in your hands! The needs of the military are always changing, so things could change, things may not!

I don't know much about Fort Sill other than my Grandma lived there for a while when she moved to the U.S. from Germany with her sister who was married to my Uncle who was in the Air Force! BUT I do love Oklahoma a whole lot, and I think that Fort Sill is less than two-ish hours from Norman/OKC area, and there's TONS of things to do there! An ex of mine went to OU in Norman, and I went to visit a few times, it was a really nice area and we had a lot of fun!

I know I'm not much help! I hope you find some answers to the things you're looking for!

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    There needs to be a blowing rainbows, sunshine, butterflies, and happiness up an asshole smiley.
    ]
  6. Regular Member
    I lived in Lawton for about a year and Ft Sill was ok. As far as the area, it just depends on what you like. Fairly flat land. It does get some pretty snow. One piece of advice, don't buy a lot of white clothes.
    Due to the dust - when it rains it can make a mess of your whites.
    I will say the people were really nice and when you are around nice people (I guess I should just speak for myself) everything is better.
    Go with a positive attitude and I am sure you will find good people and fun things to do.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by LifeHappens View Post
    I lived in Lawton for about a year and Ft Sill was ok. As far as the area, it just depends on what you like. Fairly flat land. It does get some pretty snow. One piece of advice, don't buy a lot of white clothes.
    Due to the dust - when it rains it can make a mess of your whites.
    I will say the people were really nice and when you are around nice people (I guess I should just speak for myself) everything is better.
    Go with a positive attitude and I am sure you will find good people and fun things to do.
    It's not just fairly flat, it's FLAT FLAT I grew up in Michigan, which is fairly flat, I was AMAZED by the PROFOUND flatness when I landed in OKC the first time

I also agree with the white clothes, no white clothes!

People were definitely nice, as a Jersey girl, this was also quite amazing to me

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    There needs to be a blowing rainbows, sunshine, butterflies, and happiness up an asshole smiley.
    ]