Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Order of Preference? Reenlistment Vs. Orders?

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Our overseas list comes out this week for our June DEROS next year. It's all pretty easy to figure out if already overseas because we're must moves. Since he has a DEROS his best bet is to look at the assignments list when it comes out and rank what he wants based on actual availability.
  2. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Stephanie* View Post
    Our overseas list comes out this week for our June DEROS next year. It's all pretty easy to figure out if already overseas because we're must moves. Since he has a DEROS his best bet is to look at the assignments list when it comes out and rank what he wants based on actual availability.
    Okay, I'm wondering if his will come out soonish as well then. He just hit his 6 years last week and like I said has about 2.5 years left in Germany. Hopefully he'll mention DEROS himself.

Crossing my fingers that there's going to be availability back in the states! 😊
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveConquers View Post
    Okay, I'm wondering if his will come out soonish as well then. He just hit his 6 years last week and like I said has about 2.5 years left in Germany. Hopefully he'll mention DEROS himself.

Crossing my fingers that there's going to be availability back in the states! ��
    He has 2.5 years left in Germany? He may not find out until about 8 month prior. Just wait until he has a RIP (soft assignment) before stressing. We moved in May and didn't find out until March for sure. You are way to early.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  4. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    He has 2.5 years left in Germany? He may not find out until about 8 month prior. Just wait until he has a RIP (soft assignment) before stressing. We moved in May and didn't find out until March for sure. You are way to early.
    Okay that's what I thought I was getting from everyone's post and what he's said about it so I just wanted clarification without bombarding questions if it's not anything that'll be coming up soon.
  5. Senior Member
    There is too much time to know anything. Heck the days in the navy right now is we don't know where we are moving to 3 months prior to rotation date half the time and orders don't get cut till oh we are lucky if we get a month right now. Our latest move we were told quickly due to the type of promotion it was. But orders didn't come till literally like a month out....good thing we knew it was coming up but that is how things for at least us these days are going.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Margot31 View Post
    There is too much time to know anything. Heck the days in the navy right now is we don't know where we are moving to 3 months prior to rotation date half the time and orders don't get cut till oh we are lucky if we get a month right now. Our latest move we were told quickly due to the type of promotion it was. But orders didn't come till literally like a month out....good thing we knew it was coming up but that is how things for at least us these days are going.
    we got verbal orders (which really means nothing) about a year before moving but didn't get real ones until about 2 months before we moved.

DH is Navy and I *think* we started looking at orders about 13 months our from his transfer date.
  7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post
    we got verbal orders (which really means nothing) about a year before moving but didn't get real ones until about 2 months before we moved.

DH is Navy and I *think* we started looking at orders about 13 months our from his transfer date.
    Alrighty, so way too soon to worry about anything. Unfortunate but I get the reality of it. Thanks all for your honest answers. 😊
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post

We had to wait till a certain promotion board came out which is normally in Aug. His PRD was Oct. HAHAHAHA. But because I was pregnant and due in Oct we asked to give us till Jan. Both commands approved.
  9. Senior Member
    Every branch does assignments different. Air Force is relatively black and white for overseas. If he has 2 1/2 years he has at least 1 1/2 years to go. Overseas is usually 9-12 months out depending what month you fall in the cycle. Stateside more like 4-6 months depending on where in the cycle. There's a list for enlisted that comes out with what assignments are available closer to the time and then you just rank in order... honestly he's probably just not worried bout it since it's over 2 years away. Assignment notifications come out way before orders, gives time to do EFMP if needed etc. Of course things can change too with promotions etc.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by *Stephanie* View Post
    Every branch does assignments different. Air Force is relatively black and white for overseas. If he has 2 1/2 years he has at least 1 1/2 years to go. Overseas is usually 9-12 months out depending what month you fall in the cycle. Stateside more like 4-6 months depending on where in the cycle. There's a list for enlisted that comes out with what assignments are available closer to the time and then you just rank in order... honestly he's probably just not worried bout it since it's over 2 years away. Assignment notifications come out way before orders, gives time to do EFMP if needed etc. Of course things can change too with promotions etc.
    4 to 6 months....snort. I wish. Not in our entire career. We must be the blessed career field that doesn't get that much notice. It was 9 months coming over; but, 4 months going back and most of our moves have been stateside 2 months notice. Our friends are still waiting on "possible" orders and they are to leave August 18 for training. Others are on 3 weeks notice too.

For us...that would be a great dream.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast