Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Army pays for flight ticket to DH location?? PLS HELP!!!!

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Army pays for flight ticket to DH location?? PLS HELP!!!!

Advertisements
    Hi everyone!!

So DH just entered the Army and he is in AIT. I have a friend who's husband re-enlisted but different MOS. So he is graduating next week from AIT and my friend told me that because her husband re-enlisted, then when he gets his orders for his new location, the Army will pay for her and her kids ticket to fly to her husbands location. So my question is, does this only apply for re-enlisted soldiers? Since my husband just started, upon receiving his orders, does that mean that I will have to pay me and my kids tickets to fly to where my husband is just cause he just started??

Thanks so much in advance for your help!!!
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbella View Post
    Hi everyone!!

So DH just entered the Army and he is in AIT. I have a friend who's husband re-enlisted but different MOS. So he is graduating next week from AIT and my friend told me that because her husband re-enlisted, then when he gets his orders for his new location, the Army will pay for her and her kids ticket to fly to her husbands location. So my question is, does this only apply for re-enlisted soldiers? Since my husband just started, upon receiving his orders, does that mean that I will have to pay me and my kids tickets to fly to where my husband is just cause he just started??

Thanks so much in advance for your help!!!
    They don't pay for plane tickets when it's a PCS in the US. However they will pay for you to drive to his first permanent duty station.

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  4. Senior Member
    Generally, you are going to need to drive, not fly to meet him if you have a car that you want at the new location. And the Army will typically pay you for gas and other expenses, as well as for hotel stays if it is a long enough drive to require that.

There are all sorts of rules and exceptions, but that's the general policy. Read DC's link for some more info?
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Thank you so much!! So much acronyms i need to learn hehe
  6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Generally, you are going to need to drive, not fly to meet him if you have a car that you want at the new location. And the Army will typically pay you for gas and other expenses, as well as for hotel stays if it is a long enough drive to require that.

There are all sorts of rules and exceptions, but that's the general policy. Read DC's link for some more info?
    Thanks so much! Reason for flying is because i stay in one of the islands in the pacific ocean (guam) so i need to fly to the states/overseas if i were to meet my husband at his duty location
  7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    They don't pay for plane tickets when it's a PCS in the US. However they will pay for you to drive to his first permanent duty station.
    Hi reason for us flying is because we live in an island in the pacific ocean (guam) and we will need to fly to the states/overseas to meet up with him at his location
  8. Senior Member
    I *think* they will only pay for family to travel from his Home of Record. You may not know what that is, but did he live in Guam when he enlisted? That would be the first place to start in trying to figure this out.

(Do confirm this as I'm not 100% confident and I'm only mentioning it because no one else has responded.)
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  9. Senior Member
    If his/your home of record is Guam, I will venture to say that they will pay for a flight since it would be impossible to drive.
  10. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    I *think* they will only pay for family to travel from his Home of Record. You may not know what that is, but did he live in Guam when he enlisted? That would be the first place to start in trying to figure this out.

(Do confirm this as I'm not 100% confident and I'm only mentioning it because no one else has responded.)
    Yes we live in Guam when he enlisted.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast