Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Army pays for flight ticket to DH location?? PLS HELP!!!!

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeth View Post
    If his/your home of record is Guam, I will venture to say that they will pay for a flight since it would be impossible to drive.
    Thank you so much. Does this apply to re-enlisted soldiers (like my friends husband) or even new soldier that will graduate from AIT (like my husband)? because I have been saving money for me and our kids for our flight, if only I knew that the Army will pay for our ticket then I could be saving now for a car when we meet up with my husband =)
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbella View Post
    Thank you so much. Does this apply to re-enlisted soldiers (like my friends husband) or even new soldier that will graduate from AIT (like my husband)? because I have been saving money for me and our kids for our flight, if only I knew that the Army will pay for our ticket then I could be saving now for a car when we meet up with my husband =)
    Even when a person re-enlists they don't pay for plane tickets to the next duty station UNLESS the new orders are for overseas or they're already overseas and they're returning to the states. (my husband has re-enlisted twice, PCSed 3 times with me and we've never had a flight paid for)

Your situation is a little unique because most people who join the military are already living in the US when they join. He is the one who will set up your move with the government by visiting DMO. He can do this at AIT or after he gets to his first duty station. But yes your flight should be covered since you're not in the country. Though, I remember in your last thread you said he had been ignoring you the past month. Did things get better?
    Last edited by idratherbehiking; 07-30-2017 at 07:33 PM.

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Your situation is a little unique because most people who join the military are already living in the US when they join. Was your husband living in Guam when he joined? He is the one who will set up your move with the government by visiting DMO. Though, I remember in your last thread you said he had been ignoring you the past month. Did things get better?
    She said in an earlier post that he enlisted while living in Guam.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kt_bug View Post
    She said in an earlier post that he enlisted while living in Guam.
    k...

5. Senior Member
    Ultimately, this is a question he needs to ask his command. Your situation is unusual in that you aren't living in the US (yes, I know Guam is a US territory). The best place to get an answer is from his command, via him.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  6. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Since when do they not pay for plane tickets for a CONUS PCS?
    If you are not taking a car (or don't have one), then they have to pay for plane tickets.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    Since when do they not pay for plane tickets for a CONUS PCS?
    If you are not taking a car (or don't have one), then they have to pay for plane tickets.
    I was always led to believe they only pay for you to drive. I never knew they would pay for your PCS flight in the US. Im sorry for the misinformation.

8. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Even when a person re-enlists they don't pay for plane tickets to the next duty station UNLESS the new orders are for overseas or they're already overseas and they're returning to the states. (my husband has re-enlisted twice, PCSed 3 times with me and we've never had a flight paid for)

Your situation is a little unique because most people who join the military are already living in the US when they join. He is the one who will set up your move with the government by visiting DMO. He can do this at AIT or after he gets to his first duty station. But yes your flight should be covered since you're not in the country. Though, I remember in your last thread you said he had been ignoring you the past month. Did things get better?
    Thank you very much!! now I'm less stress from saving money for our flight going to the states (hopefully) for his duty station. And as for my other thread, yes things have gotten better. I think I just have to argue with him and try to understand him. We talk (actually shouted to each other by what's app) and vented. I think we just needed to communicate much more but I didn't want to bother him because he said Fort Gordon has 50% rate of being recycled. So I want him to continue studying and passing his exams. He will be taking his End of the Cycle Exam next week. I feel so bad for thinking that way. We apologize and we do message in whats app once a day and we just video chatted once over the weekend. I am happier now. At least he takes a break from studying while video chatting with us and message me. Thank you for asking =) and thank you so much for your help!!
  9. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Ultimately, this is a question he needs to ask his command. Your situation is unusual in that you aren't living in the US (yes, I know Guam is a US territory). The best place to get an answer is from his command, via him.
    Okay, I will tell him about this. Hopefully he does talk to his command before graduating AIT. Because we would like to be with him while he is in reception at his first duty station. Thank you for your help!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12