Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: TLE? and Temporary Storage?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Smile TLE? and Temporary Storage?

Advertisements
    so this is my third post In this forum, in the past two weeks because its the only way I get any real answers lol. Anyways, my husband and I are planning a PPM because the movers were not available for 6 weeks and that isn't going to work for our situation right now. we should have our house on base by the 10th of August ( so the housing office says) I was wondering how you go about getting temporary storage approved,? just incase our shipment arrives ahead of time. also, my husband has to report on the 5th of August so we have to stay in a hotel/temp lodge. Can we apply for Temporary lodging reimbursment? If so how does one apply for it? My transportation office counselor gives me such vague information even when I try to pry. sometimes I wonder if they even know the answer to my questions LOL.

I will be so glad when this is all over, maybe next time ill have a clue about what I'm doing
  2. Senior Member
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    For temporary storage, we just moved cross country last month and got our HHGs this month. We were not available to receive our HHGs when they got here (arrived before us) so they automatically put them into storage. We didn't do anything.

We bought here so we just roughed it til getting our HHGs so can't help with how to apply for lodging reinbursement though.
  4. Senior Member
    For the temp lodging, you'd be receiving BAH so if you can't get TLE, you can use your BAH to pay for a hotel since they won't start taking his BAH until he has a house.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BLBnJVB3 View Post
    For temporary storage, we just moved cross country last month and got our HHGs this month. We were not available to receive our HHGs when they got here (arrived before us) so they automatically put them into storage. We didn't do anything.

We bought here so we just roughed it til getting our HHGs so can't help with how to apply for lodging reinbursement though.
    They are doing a PPM other wise used to be called a DITY. If they military was moving their stuff than it can into storage for free up to 60 days I think free (I can't fully remember the number it could be 30 too).