Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First PCS SO CONFUSED D:

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Lv. Percent
    58.33%

First PCS SO CONFUSED D:

Advertisements
    So my husband has been in training for almost 5 months and with about two weeks until graduation, he FINALLY got his Web Orders. He has yet to receive a copy of his hard orders, so this prevents the housing office from offering us a home. We now have a week left until his graduation and NOTHING is figured out. I am usually the one who handles this kind of stuff in the relationship so its been a little hard to do it through him. To get to the point, my question is: Will we be able to schedule movers in time to leave with him on August 4th? Also, do we need Hard orders to schedule our move? This has been the most stressful experience because he has gotten no information from any of his drill sergeants. We have basically had to figure everything our on our own. Someone help, im desperate
  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Lv. Percent
    10.95%
    To be blunt and short.. you can do nothing.
    He has to schedule it all.. timing is tight, it is very possible you may end up leaving after he does, but there is also a chance it can get all done in time.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    60.71%
    He can schedule the move with web orders. Our last PCS DH wasn't able to schedule our move until 2 or 3 weeks beforehand. It was so stressful so I hear you!
    Honestly, his instructors aren't going to be the best source of information because they don't typically have many married guys in training. His best bet is to talk with TMO (DMO?) because they are the ones who schedule the move. He'll have to let his instructors know he still needs to do that.

You *might* have to move up shortly after he gets to his 1st duty station. That's what a lot of people usually do.

4. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    61.84%
    Not sure of what branch you are associated with but I know the Navy is all jacked up right now. They just started handing out LOI's (letter of intent) last week to help be able to start dealing with moves even though the orders have not been cut.

I don't know if I am missing something here but I would think once they are up online that those are the hard orders We print off several copies of the orders. But maybe I am missing something here.
  5. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    11.59%
    What branch are you ? I know with the AF you can schedule a move with web orders. Not sure that translates across all branches or not.
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Lv. Percent
    58.33%
    Thank you I appreciate it! I'm glad to hear he might be able to schedule our move with web orders. I'm hoping next time around we'll know how this works and it won't be as stressful.
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Lv. Percent
    58.33%
    He's army by the way
  8. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    60.71%
    Quote Originally Posted by Hbickel View Post
    He's army by the way
    He needs to set up an appointment with DMO to schedule his move. He'll need to ask his instructors for time to go do that since they're only open while he's in class.

Web orders are fine to schedule the move. But, as you're aware, some base housing companies will not put you on their list until he has hard orders. We ran into that during one PCS a few years back. Their excuse was that web orders can change.

9. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    60.71%
    Quote Originally Posted by Margot31 View Post
    Not sure of what branch you are associated with but I know the Navy is all jacked up right now. They just started handing out LOI's (letter of intent) last week to help be able to start dealing with moves even though the orders have not been cut.

I don't know if I am missing something here but I would think once they are up online that those are the hard orders We print off several copies of the orders. But maybe I am missing something here.
    There's a difference between web orders and hard orders. Web will say "web orders" and they can still be altered.

10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Lv. Percent
    58.33%
    I only talk to him on sundays. I told him yesterday that he needs to make an appointment with the transportation office. Is that the same as DMO? (Still learning military acronyms lol)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast