Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: San Diego Lincoln Military Housing

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

San Diego Lincoln Military Housing

Advertisements
    Hi, husband and I are looking to move into military housing by end of year. Would love to get your opinions on Bayview hills, Lofgren and Howard Gilmore community.

Bayview hills is closest to 32nd Street but wanted to know if the community is really that bad there with break ins? Are there any issues for those living in Lofgren or Howard? Heard Lofgren is very old and some houses are falling apart is this true?

Have they installed AC units in these housing yet?

Thanks so much in advance for all your help.
  2. Senior Member
    Are you apart of any the family pages for that area....I would imagine you might have better help on those.
  3. Senior Member
    I lived in Lincoln housing in San Diego, but not in any of those neighborhoods sorry!
    Try asking around on the local facebook groups out there. That's what i did before PCSing to this base.There should be several for your base!

4. Senior Member
    I was going to say I don't even know where those are. We lived in Normal heights closer to Mirimar which I think between where we lived and that base was admiral something.
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thank you all for your help. I will try that and look into FB page and communities for more information.
  6. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

I lived in the LMH down the road from bayviee, Paradise Gardens.

Bayviee does have a rap for car break-ins, but so does Murphy canyon. Honestly, I loved that area. Don't leave stuff in your car and you won't have an issue. Use your garage and you really won't have a problem.

I've had friends that lived in all three of those communities and I think they are all fine. At the time HG and BV didn't have have ac. I know they recently installed it in lofgren. And that are of child vista is really nice. All three communities have weird layouts in my opinion, but they are great places to live.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbynormal View Post
    I lived in the LMH down the road from bayviee, Paradise Gardens.

Bayviee does have a rap for car break-ins, but so does Murphy canyon. Honestly, I loved that area. Don't leave stuff in your car and you won't have an issue. Use your garage and you really won't have a problem.

I've had friends that lived in all three of those communities and I think they are all fine. At the time HG and BV didn't have have ac. I know they recently installed it in lofgren. And that are of child vista is really nice. All three communities have weird layouts in my opinion, but they are great places to live.
    Really? I lived in Murphy Canyon for a while and never heard that. It was a pretty quiet area, but it is off base... then again we've had things stolen from us on base so it doesn't really matter if you're on or off.

8. Senior Member
    When you have off base housing you are more in a position to have your car broken into just like someone who lives on the economy compared to someone who lives on base. They don't have guards to prevent a person to check ID's.