Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: First PCS ever for us and its overseas!

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Neutral First PCS ever for us and its overseas!

Advertisements
    Hey everyone,
    My husband got his first assignment and its in the UK. My biggest fear is that he is going to end up having to got there without me. The biggest issue at this point is waiting on my no fee passport. Can anyone tell me if it really does take 8 weeks to get or is that rare and it normally only takes 6 weeks. I am really banking on it taking 6 weeks so that I can travel with my husband otherwise it does not look so good.
    As of right now we are at 3 and a half weeks since I mailed it out. Can any of you relate to my situation. This is his first assignment and I really do not want him to have to go alone since we have already been apart for bootcamp and AIT. Any advice is welcomed!
  2. Senior Member
    Summer is a busy time for travel so passport processing at this time very well could be on the longer end of estimates. I know it's inconvenient to have to travel separately but try not to stress too much, just know that you might be apart for a few weeks but you'll be joining him soon! What's a few weeks in the bigger picture?
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Yeah I guess your right but It all just so overwhelming for him and I really did not want him to have to pick out our home and everything on his own. But it is what it is and I defiantly do not have control over it. But maybe, just maybe, they will get everything done in time. Thank you for your input!
  4. Senior Member
    How long do you have until you are supposed to leave?
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JordanSchmutzler View Post
    Yeah I guess your right but It all just so overwhelming for him and I really did not want him to have to pick out our home and everything on his own. But it is what it is and I defiantly do not have control over it. But maybe, just maybe, they will get everything done in time. Thank you for your input!
    It sounds like it would only be a matter of a couple weeks, so I'm not sure he'd already be picking out a home, so try not to stress too much about that. Different services and locations do things differently, we for all 3 of our overseas moves, we've never picked out or been assigned a house in the first couple of weeks.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  6. Married to Airman
    Married to Airman
    Where are you guys heading to? We left England last June. I think you can start checking the status at around 4 week mark and see. My daughter's no fee took almost 2 months. That was in Travis AFB in CA. It was only suppose to take 4-5 weeks but the passport personnel messed up the application. Oh, and if they tell you that you need a visa/vignette for going to the UK, make sure that was in your application too. When I got my dd's passport, it was w/o her visa and they had to send it back to dc and expedite a visa application.