Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EFMP Stateside-- can we PCS to a base without EFMP clearance?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Bang Head EFMP Stateside-- can we PCS to a base without EFMP clearance?

Advertisements
    Here's our situation, and I was wondering if anyone has done this before (long):

My husband lives at Montgomery (going through Air War College), we are stationed at Eglin, because of a complicated medical situation. My husband has an assignment to Colorado Springs. We went through the clearance for myself, and my children. I have stage IV ovarian cancer, my son has autism, and my daughter has asthma and mild ADHD. My son requires comprehensive therapy, and I need to see an oncologist. I found a doctor for myself, my son is going to ABA therapy, speech, and schools. They denied my daughter-- all my daughter needs is ADHD medicine management which can be managed by a pediatrician and requires to no speciality care. The reason they denied her was there were no doctors who could manage her medication ?

We filed an appeal, because I am at a point in my treatment, that I have to find a doctor, and start a new line of chemotherapy, so we went ahead and saw a doctor in Colorado. My husband's report no later than date is 1 June. So far no orders. We are doing a DITY. Can we just get orders without commander sponsorship and just move. This is getting to the point of utter ridiculousness. So any thoughts?
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jodisgoing180 View Post
    Here's our situation, and I was wondering if anyone has done this before (long):

My husband lives at Montgomery (going through Air War College), we are stationed at Eglin, because of a complicated medical situation. My husband has an assignment to Colorado Springs. We went through the clearance for myself, and my children. I have stage IV ovarian cancer, my son has autism, and my daughter has asthma and mild ADHD. My son requires comprehensive therapy, and I need to see an oncologist. I found a doctor for myself, my son is going to ABA therapy, speech, and schools. They denied my daughter-- all my daughter needs is ADHD medicine management which can be managed by a pediatrician and requires to no speciality care. The reason they denied her was there were no doctors who could manage her medication ?

We filed an appeal, because I am at a point in my treatment, that I have to find a doctor, and start a new line of chemotherapy, so we went ahead and saw a doctor in Colorado. My husband's report no later than date is 1 June. So far no orders. We are doing a DITY. Can we just get orders without commander sponsorship and just move. This is getting to the point of utter ridiculousness. So any thoughts?
    Our orders would not drop until I was cleared through the EFMP process. We could not figure out what was holding my husband's orders up and finally he found out that I was unknowingly and mistakenly enrolled into the EFMP program for a high-risk pregnancy (I was pregnant, but not high risk) so I had to have that completely cleared. About 3 business days after that cleared my husband's received his orders. We were only about 30 days out from our move before this happened.

I honestly don't know how the program works if they refuse to clear you. Will they send him alone or change his orders completely?
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  3. Senior Member
    I don't think he will get orders until they have answered the appeal. It is also not unheard to be graduating from AWC and still not have orders.
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by dekeoboe View Post
    I don't think he will get orders until they have answered the appeal. It is also not unheard to be graduating from AWC and still not have orders.
    You have to be out of Maxwell after graduation. If you are staying after graduation, you have to have a waiver signed by the general.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jodisgoing180 View Post
    You have to be out of Maxwell after graduation. If you are staying after graduation, you have to have a waiver signed by the general.
    I would think that not having orders yet, due to an EFMP situation, would be cause for a waiver. You cannot move before he gets orders. (Well, there's nothing to stop you from going there yourself, but you'd be 100% out of pocket for the move, and if the location ended up changing you might have to pay for part or all of a second move as well.)
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    I would think that not having orders yet, due to an EFMP situation, would be cause for a waiver.
    Exactly. There are situations where orders don't get issued until after graduation. Unfortunately, it happens and you have to go with the flow. And once they make O-6, they have a lot fewer choices in where they are stationed and when they have to be there.
  7. Senior Member
    Exactly. There are situations where orders don't get issued until after graduation. Unfortunately, it happens and you have to go with the flow. And once they make O-6, they have a lot fewer choices in where they are stationed and when they have to be there.
    I'm trying to figure out how you know he's an O-6. I don't see that anywhere. Am I missing something?
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  8. Senior Member
    Since he is attending AWC, he is either an O-5 or an O-6.
    Last edited by dekeoboe; 04-30-2017 at 05:47 PM. Reason: spelling error
  9. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Since he is attending AWC, he is either an O-5 or and O-6.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Get the appeal and see what happens. We appealed and did the leg work for them and was approved.

As for ADHD medication, you have to have a doctor that is willing to do that. Not all doctors will work with a controlled substance. This is a person that is speaking for experienced. They may cover a bridge; but, not willing to work in adjustment.

My son has ADHD, anxiety, and a doctor will not touch it here at our base. He has to be seen downtown for coverage.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast