Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: DA Form 7246?

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

DA Form 7246?

Advertisements
    I'm a little confused, who fills out the DA Form, I saw it had sponsor/spouse so I'm assuming I could but down at the end it ask for the physician signature, is this my doctor or someone at the installation? My doctor is already filling out the DD Form 2792, does he also need to Sign this? I'm trying to have everything in order so I don't have to run back and forth. Thanks!! Oh, and after the interview, how long does processing take?
  2. Moderator

Is this for an OCONUS move? I had to search back your previous posts for context. I would do every form as thoroughly and correctly as possible, like you said, so you don't have to go back and forth. I would definitely get your physician's signature on that one too.
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Yes, we are going to AK, we have all our paperwork set for the interview, my husband will be setting that up soon for us. It's just I read before the interview they had another form that gets filled out and I was wondering if that was the form discussed and if a doctor there signs off on it or if I need my doctor to sign it? It's a bit confusing for me.
  4. Senior Member
    You fill out the form. I think it is signed by someone at the interview. The reason I say this is because on the form you list all family members and their conditions and they may be seeing different doctors, but only one doctor signs the form.
  5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by dekeoboe View Post
    You fill out the form. I think it is signed by someone at the interview. The reason I say this is because on the form you list all family members and their conditions and they may be seeing different doctors, but only one doctor signs the form.
    This is correct, when I did the overseas screening the physician there signs off on everything during the interview. Thank you for your help!
  6. Senior Member
    Is this the form that basically has a zillion "have you ever had" medical questions? If so, for all 3 of my OCONUS moves, I filled it out and it was signed by the doctor who met with me during my actual medical screen appointment. I can't recall if I also signed it as well, but I'd guess there's a place for the patient to sign, too.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    It's the EFMP questionnaire so I'm pretty sure we are talking about the form. My DH filled it out for the family and emailed it to me. I turned it in with the rest of the documents but basically yes, it just asked about the medical background and a list of medical issues That you marked with an X if you had them or not. They didn't have me fill out any other forms so I guess I was just ahead of the game.