Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: EFMP Questions?

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

EFMP Questions?

Advertisements
    Okay, I'm reading mixed reviews...can I make an interview /overseas physical screening before my husband gets his orders/processes out? Right now he's been at a duty station processing out of his unit for 3 weeks and they still haven't gotten him his orders for AK (we are army) is it taking that long because we need to do those interviews or its just on the army's end? He said he couldn't be released till our newborn got on his DEERS so that was taken care of and she's been on it for at least 2 weeks now.
  2. Senior Member
    His actual orders will not drop until you clear the EFMP process. We are AF, but I'm assuming they are the same. We just had this issue moving CONUS because my file was somehow mistakenly enrolled in the EFMP program for a high risk pregnancy (that I didn't have) and our actual orders would never drop. He finally found out it was because I needed to be cleared through medical (which was easily done because I didn't have a high risk pregnancy) before all the 'boxes were checked' in order for him to get his physical orders.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    His actual orders will not drop until you clear the EFMP process. We are AF, but I'm assuming they are the same. We just had this issue moving CONUS because my file was somehow mistakenly enrolled in the EFMP program for a high risk pregnancy (that I didn't have) and our actual orders would never drop. He finally found out it was because I needed to be cleared through medical (which was easily done because I didn't have a high risk pregnancy) before all the 'boxes were checked' in order for him to get his physical orders.
    This about hits it. Orders will not be cut until you go through the clearance. You'll need to find out who can make the appointment. My husband did it and we just had shown up.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  4. Senior Member
    Army is different so definitely find out. We're at a joint base that's OCONUS and it's crazy the differences.