Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for dealing with relocation?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Suggestions for dealing with relocation?

Advertisements
    When you have to relocate to a different base what are some of the best ways to cope with the move? I feel like this would be very stressful for all involved. Any tips and suggestions are appreciated.
  2. Senior Member
    Your profile said friend or family and you list no branch, so is this for research?

3. Senior Member
    Moving is always stressful. I cannot offer any advice or support about PCS because I have not moved with the military, but I have lived in 3 different states and moved everything on our own. I would assume moving with the military or on your own is the same, it is what you make of it.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Cope with what aspect of it?
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Idratherbehiking, Yes and no. I have friends that are in multiple branches of the military (navy, army, and air force) and I talk with their significant others about the unique things they deal with. I am also studying military and trauma counseling in hopes of one day helping individuals and their families cope with the challenges of either being in the military or being a family member of someone in the military. I want to better understand the things that military families have to deal with in order to better help them in the future.
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

"Moving is always stressful"

Thanks AdaraMarie! I would agree that it is what you make it. When you moved, did you hire any sort of moving company or anything? Or did you pack and move everything yourself?
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Coping

Guynavywife, just the general stress of moving and staying organized through the transition.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whitehurstb11 View Post
    Idratherbehiking, Yes and no. I have friends that are in multiple branches of the military (navy, army, and air force) and I talk with their significant others about the unique things they deal with. I am also studying military and trauma counseling in hopes of one day helping individuals and their families cope with the challenges of either being in the military or being a family member of someone in the military. I want to better understand the things that military families have to deal with in order to better help them in the future.
    This site has strict rules about researching.

9. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by whitehurstb11 View Post
    The reason that question was asked is because of this rule from our TOS:

- Advertising, researching, and requesting personal information from members is prohibited unless given permission by Staff.

I know you are new here, so you can see the rest of our TOS here:
    http://www.militarysos.com/forum/con...s-service.html

We also have a newbies section that you can introduce yourself in if you would like to join our forum and stick around! Here is the thread we recommend all new members read: Everything A Newbie Needs To Know!!! But generally using the forum for research is prohibited.
  10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    The reason that question was asked is because of this rule from our TOS:

- Advertising, researching, and requesting personal information from members is prohibited unless given permission by Staff.

I know you are new here, so you can see the rest of our TOS here:
    http://www.militarysos.com/forum/con...s-service.html

We also have a newbies section that you can introduce yourself in if you would like to join our forum and stick around! Here is the thread we recommend all new members read: Everything A Newbie Needs To Know!!! But generally using the forum for research is prohibited.
    Thank you. I did read over the terms and conditions. While I am interested in military counseling I am not conducting research. I joined the group because I genuinely want to interact with people that have similar challenges as my friends. I am sorry if I raised any red flags.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast