Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: EFMP/I need a physical...

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

EFMP/I need a physical...

Advertisements
    My husband is moving to AK and the military considers it overseas, he told me I could go go the CVS minute clinic and get one done. Is there anything else I need to do? He didn't mention dental/pap smear etc...also, I had a pap smear none in June 2016, if was slightly abnormal (cells that could possibly turn cancerous, no infection etc and I was pregnant at the time so it could go away once I give birth-I get another one done in a few weeks for 6 week check up since I gave birth) but the doctors didn't seem concerned. Would that prevent me from flying since it was slightly abnormal or do they even need that on record of the pap smear? Also, the only shot I've had is a Tdap in 2017 of Feb. and no other immunizations since I was in school, will I need to be up to date on this also before I can fly?
  2. Senior Member
    Just going to the CVS clinic will be a waste of time if they are not also filling out the appropriate paperwork. Your husband should be getting briefed on the steps necessary for the move.
  3. Senior Member
    While I've not gone to Alaska, all the overseas screens I did have very specific things I needed. It wasn't just any old physical. I needed specific tests. There was always a list of what was needed for each location.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Thank you, I found all the information. You do have to go to a physicians office because they include bloodwork
  5. Senior Member
    What branch? It does make a difference as to the paperwork. Air Force here needs dental, Army does not. The doctor will have to fill out the proper paperwork for you and then usually you need to make an appt on base to be cleared.
  6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    He's army. After 3+ hours on the phone talking to people at forts etc I finally got pointed in the right direction, I talked to my tricare and they said a regular physical is fine, so I made an appt, they do my bloodwork/general physical and then I can get the records/fax them to the correct person and that should be good enough I hope...lol