Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Questions about on-base housing.

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Smile Questions about on-base housing.

Advertisements
    Hi! Me and my husband are moving to Camp Lejuene in about two months, and I have some questions about the houses and rent and rules. We are a young military couple and this is all new. If you can help, get back to me! :)
  2. Senior Member
    Hi, I'm at Camp Lejeune.
    The base housing neighborhoods here are different depending on rank. Some are strictly E1-E5, some are E6+ only, and some are mixed. Some neighborhoods have very long wait times and some have hardly any. What were your questions?

3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Hello

My husband is a PFC. His fellow marine friends may also be staying with us, they are also PFC's. I was wondering what the rent was like and if the houses come with furniture, if not what they do come with. I'm coming all the way from Indiana.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyDevilDog View Post
    My husband is a PFC. His fellow marine friends may also be staying with us, they are also PFC's. I was wondering what the rent was like and if the houses come with furniture, if not what they do come with. I'm coming all the way from Indiana.
    Idt any base housing anywhere is furnished. Maybe posssssibly some places overseas? Even then I doubt it. Certainly not going to be furnished in North Carolina. Rent is going to be whatever your BAH is, most likely. So if you're living on base, you probably won't ever even see BAH in his paychecks. It'll just go straight to housing and his base pay for the month is split between the 1st and the 15th I believe. I think some base housing allows you to rent a washer and dryer but you're probably better off buying your own. Other large appliances are included.

Also I'm not sure what exactly you mean by "his fellow marines may also be staying with us" but that's not really allowed. Like you can't just have random marines living at your house with you. They're probably supposed to be in their barracks, I mean nobody is gonna notice if they hang out at your place over the weekend or whatever but they're not gonna be able to take legitimate residence with you. Also not sure why you'd want that
  5. Senior Member
    They don't come furnished and most likely will not come with a washer and dryer. They will come with fridge, dish washer, and the nice housing units may come with a built in microwave.

Most housing offices have rules about guests. In most cases the answer is no, you can't have roommates. Do people break the rules? Yes. But As PP mentioned, single junior Marines under E5 are supposed to live in the barracks. So, they'll have to keep a room there too, show up for weekly field days (where they have to clean their room), and they won't be getting BAH like your husband does.