Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Best way to transport a mattress?

1. Senior Member

Best way to transport a mattress?

Advertisements
    We have a moving date, finally! But this move is on us, obviously the army isn't moving us. I was thinking about the moving process when I thought of our mattress. Anytime I've moved a mattress it was new, so it was wrapped in plastic. When the army moved us they had big boxes they put it in.

I don't know the best way to move our mattress, I want to avoid it getting ruined or dirty. I was thinking maybe leaving the fitted sheet on it and then putting another fitted sheet on the back of it so it's fully covered for sitting in the uhual and then I'd just wash the sheets.

Anyone else have any ideas?
  2. Senior Member
    I believe uhaul sells plastic mattress covers and Bed Bath & Beyond sells vinyl mattress encasements that will cover the entire mattress.

3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Uhaul and Amazon sell mattress bags. Plenty big enough to put a mattress in.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  4. Senior Member
    Oh I didn't even know that! Thank you!
  5. Senior Member
    I'm late to the party, but yes plastic mattress covers are awesome. And they have handles!
  6. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    mattress bag for the win! also, i used my duvet to cover my dresser and then wrapped it in shrink wrap. life saver!
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    mattress bag for the win! also, i used my duvet to cover my dresser and then wrapped it in shrink wrap. life saver!
    Oh that's a good idea! I was going to use a blanket and then just tape it. But the shrink wrap will come in handy for other things as well. Thank you!
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    i did this too i put blankets/comforters etc on every piece of furniture i didn't want dented and duck wrapped it haha i bought a huge roll off amazon for like 10 bucks
  9. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by caljmw649 View Post
    Oh that's a good idea! I was going to use a blanket and then just tape it. But the shrink wrap will come in handy for other things as well. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post
    i did this too i put blankets/comforters etc on every piece of furniture i didn't want dented and duck wrapped it haha i bought a huge roll off amazon for like 10 bucks
    yes! and it's so much cheaper than furniture pads, plus you don't have to worry if you're storing your stuff for a while, just wash your blankets!
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post
    I'll definitely check out Amazon, thank you!