Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Moving Early?

1. Senior Member

Moving Early?

Advertisements
    I have a question, and I *think* I know the answer to it, but I'm going to ask just to be for sure!

We will be moving at the end of April to Texas. I have been offered a great position in Texas, on the contingent that I am there by Feb 15th (). Would the military pay for our belonging and everything to be moved early with my son and I, and that DH just come up in April? I don't think this will happen and I'm thinking I'm going to have to let the position go, and hope I find something better once we get there.

We use the CDC on post for baby Noodle's daycare, and currently live on post, though we are hoping to be off post there. We have a friend there already who has a deployed husband willing to let me use her spare room for a week or two until we can find a home but I wasn't sure about our belongings and things of that nature.

Is this possible or would it be all on our own?
    Last edited by Noodles; 01-20-2017 at 12:17 PM.
  2. Senior Member
    as long as he has orders he should be able to schedule movers, but he won't start getting BAH for your new duty until he clears his current post and moves out of housing. You'd be paying for a house in texas out of pocket.

3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Does he have hard copies? We've moved the kids and I early before and the military paid for it but he had his hard copies. Before hard copies, it would be out of pocket. At least at first. It would probably be treated like a PPM when he gets his hard copies but don't quote me on that.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BLBnJVB3 View Post
    Does he have hard copies? We've moved the kids and I early before and the military paid for it but he had his hard copies. Before hard copies, it would be out of pocket. At least at first. It would probably be treated like a PPM when he gets his hard copies but don't quote me on that.
    If the move is done before hard copy orders, it will be out of pocket. They will not be able to recoup the costs after receiving hard copy orders.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by dekeoboe View Post
    If the move is done before hard copy orders, it will be out of pocket. They will not be able to recoup the costs after receiving hard copy orders.
    This is what I thought. Also, you can't get housing until he checks in. It will be based on where he is at I believe.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  6. Senior Member
    Sorry, I'm just getting back on!

We already have hard copy orders! So with hard copy orders, we can schedule the movers whenever we want, even if DH is still here?
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Sorry, I'm just getting back on!

We already have hard copy orders! So with hard copy orders, we can schedule the movers whenever we want, even if DH is still here?
    Yes you can. You could have the movers take most of your stuff and then have your husband do a partial PPM with his stuff when he is ready to move.