Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: NAS Oceana

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

NAS Oceana

Advertisements
    Currently my husband is the only one in Virginia Beach, but once he returns from his cruise we plan on all of us relocating. We have children and want a safe place with good schools. Any recommendations? Also, what places should we avoid?
  2. Senior Member
    I would check out the family Facebook page for that base. It is normally run by spouses so no true base affiliation and those spouses will have a great deal of wealth. Also check out the school liaison at FFSC to help too.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    We came to this current base from there. We owned a house in the Glenwood subdivision of Va Bch. After we sold it we actually found a rental in the same area so the kids didn't change schools. We really liked that area because we felt like we were in the middle of a lot like the beach, NAS Oceana, Chesapeake, Norfolk, the amphitheater is right there, Princess Anne hospital is right there--as well as CHKD which is where my kids were seen since we're on Standard, shopping centers like Lynnhaven Mall and Landstown Commons are near by. We never felt unsafe. The kids went to Salem school district. We also liked the Ocean Lakes district (which is right by Oceana and Dam Neck bases) and Pungo area (a lot more country feel and where the Strawberry Festival takes place).
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thank you both so much! I will definitely be checking into the Facebook page and that area. This is all new to me. I grew up in a small town around family my whole life so this is new for me.