Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Base hotels!

1. aBr
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Base hotels!

Advertisements
    Hey y'all! Sooo DW and I got married about a month ago We've been planning all year for me to move to Las Vegas and the time is finally here. It's been a looong 24 months of flying back and forth. 13 trips in all! Anywho I'm getting off topic. My move date is now just shy of 2 weeks away and I'm moving from Ohio to Nevada. I'm driving the whole thing, which I'm planning to do in 4 days and 3 nights. I'm super accustomed to road tripping, so the driving part is not what I'm concerned about, however DW would prefer it if I stayed on bases at night since I'll be alone with a good portion of my belongings. This is fine by me since I've stayed at base hotels everywhere she's been, but I know they do vary quite a bit on quality.

To get to the point, I've mapped out spending the night near Scott AFB, Tinker AFB, and Kirtland AFB and I'm wondering if anyone's been stationed here or stayed at the hotels on base here? Looking for a review so I know if I should book them or look off base!
  2. Regular Member
    Congrats on your nuptials!

I'm at Kirtland, and we spent 30 days in the hotel when we first got here because there was no TLF available. It wasn't bad at all. The internet wasn't very good, though, so I'd plan to find other ways to entertain yourself that night.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Never had a bad experience in base lodgings.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Oh! Base exchanges also sell a travel Atlas which has information on every base and their lodgings. Very helpful.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  5. Senior Member
    I'm at Kirtland, too! I've stayed in TLF here, but not lodging. I'm sure it's just fine, though. We've always had great luck with bases hotels. Be careful if you're arriving at night and/or on a weekend here. Only certain gates are open certain days/times and most GPS systems I've used don't recognize that and will send you super far out of your way.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  6. Senior Member
    No advice, just wanted to say
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  7. aBr
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Thanks guys!!