Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: No-Fee Passport (Germany)

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Confused No-Fee Passport (Germany)

Advertisements
    Hi Everyone,

I have my Command Sponsorship and travel orders to join my spouse who is already in Germany (Army). I am just wondering how do I go about applying for the no-fee passport? I've been scouring the internet and trying to call the transportation office, but am so far still very confused. Also, if I am willing to pay for my own ticket to Germany can I apply for the passport and just have it sent to me once I'm there? Just worried because I planned on moving right after Christmas and I assume it takes awhile to get the passport. Thanks!
  2. Senior Member
    It's easier to travel on the passport because of visa stuff. Every base should have a passport office. It's just finding the right phone number.
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thanks!

Do you know if I can apply at an Air Force passport office even though my spouse is Army? Also, is it possible for them to mail it to my home address? (I'm asking because I am currently finishing up my final semester in Los Angeles and will be returning to New Jersey in 2 weeks so I don't want to apply near LA if I have to pick it up here.)
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hazelpapertowns View Post
    Thanks!

Do you know if I can apply at an Air Force passport office even though my spouse is Army? Also, is it possible for them to mail it to my home address? (I'm asking because I am currently finishing up my final semester in Los Angeles and will be returning to New Jersey in 2 weeks so I don't want to apply near LA if I have to pick it up here.)
    That shouldn't matter. My DH is Navy, and I got a no-fee on an Army base. It was just a renewal, and he was stationed at that base, but the branch didn't seem to matter at all.

I picked up both of mine in-person, but I don't know if mailing is an option. It can take ~6 weeks to get them, unless something has changed, so keep that in mind.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  5. Senior Member
    Doesn't matter what base. They should be able to mail it where you want. We've had friends get theirs mailed to them while on leave en route.