Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Special Duty Assignment

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Special Duty Assignment

Advertisements
    Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum & group.
    I have a question that hopefully I can get some info from. We are currently overseas with the USAF at RAF Lakenheath. My hubby just found out he's been selected for 1st Sergeant duty. Are they any other spouses on here, that have recently gone through the process?
  2. Married to Airman
    Married to Airman
    I had a friend when we were stationed in RAF Croughton and her husband got picked for 1st Sgt as well. He got picked around the same last year and then for a long time they didn't know where they were going. At some point, he even got a regular assignment to California. Then I think around January or early February their CA assignment got cancelled then later on got replaced with Florida. He had to take a few week class en-route.
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thanks! That's what my husband kind of said. He has a class date already & the email said we would get assignment details 4-6 months prior to the class starting & that his class will be enroute to the new base. Guess I'll just have to wait until Feb-April time to find out where we'll be heading!