Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: orders question

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

orders question

Advertisements
    DH asked me to ask y'all a question about hard copy orders before he reaches out to his detailer:

Does anyone know approximately how long order are in the "chop chain" before hard copies are released? I'm assuming this can vary but he really expected to have orders by now and is getting a little worried.
  2. Senior Member
    Last time it was less than a month before. For this move we're 3 months away and don't have hard orders yet.

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Last time it was less than a month before. For this move we're 3 months away and don't have hard orders yet.
    That's what DH said last time he got hard copies like a month after verbals and this time its been 3 months already. We're still 6 months out so I'm thinking its the fiscal year/no budget BS but he doesn't believe that. I would be freaking out if it was 3 months and we still didn't have any!
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Last time my husband got verbals in September and hard copies in late January. He was to report 3 months later. This time he got verbals in June, we still don't have hard copies, and don't expect them for awhile. He doesn't have to report until June though so we're not at all worried.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post
    That's what DH said last time he got hard copies like a month after verbals and this time its been 3 months already. We're still 6 months out so I'm thinking its the fiscal year/no budget BS but he doesn't believe that. I would be freaking out if it was 3 months and we still didn't have any!
    The last move we found out where we were going a little over a month beforehand (and it ended up being on the other side of the country). I guess I'm used to it... and I'm not sure that's a good thing

6. Senior Member
    That can really vary. I have seen it anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. Just depends on how fast the old military wheel needs to turn.
  7. Senior Member
    There was a BIG thing with the navy and the fiscal year and budget for moves....trust me. We were waiting for my husbands and finally got them right before the fiscal year. We move in Jan.

We had a friend who's orders literally said "no funds available" on his orders. He was a hot fill and needed to move asap.