Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PCS Packing!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

PCS Packing!

Advertisements
    We're at about 8 months left in DC and to get my mind off my horrible new apartment I figured I would start making a packing list for the PCS to FL

So what do you pack yourself or in your car when you PCS?
  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Valuables, clothes, and anything I would need right away that cannot wait more than 3 weeks to have.

such as... tv, computer, dishes, pots/pans, etc.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. Senior Member
    Important documents, irreplaceable items like photo albums, and jewelry. Then stuff we'll need while waiting for the shipment: air mattress, sheets, medicine, clothes, stuff for the dogs (I always buy extra heartworm and flea & tick medicine before we move).

4. Senior Member
    Documents, photos, jewelry, any family keepsakes that are small, a supply of seasonal clothing, my underwear (The thought of some guy packing my bra's and panties creeps me out).
  5. Senior Member
    important documents...birth certs, marriage.....
  6. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Everything already mentioned, plus a set of bed linens, bath towels, a kitchen towel or two (so you don't have to find the boxes with this stuff in them, your first night in your new home) all put into a Space Bag with the air sucked out. Takes little to no room in the car. A laundry basket with laundry detergent and softener (I always bring mine with me, too cheap to give away). My coffee maker and our favorite coffee cups. Small electronics, chargers, etc.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    Valuables, clothes, and anything I would need right away that cannot wait more than 3 weeks to have.

such as... tv, computer, dishes, pots/pans, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Important documents, irreplaceable items like photo albums, and jewelry. Then stuff we'll need while waiting for the shipment: air mattress, sheets, medicine, clothes, stuff for the dogs (I always buy extra heartworm and flea & tick medicine before we move).
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious_Nicole View Post
    Documents, photos, jewelry, any family keepsakes that are small, a supply of seasonal clothing, my underwear (The thought of some guy packing my bra's and panties creeps me out).
    Quote Originally Posted by Margot31 View Post
    important documents...birth certs, marriage.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    Everything already mentioned, plus a set of bed linens, bath towels, a kitchen towel or two (so you don't have to find the boxes with this stuff in them, your first night in your new home) all put into a Space Bag with the air sucked out. Takes little to no room in the car. A laundry basket with laundry detergent and softener (I always bring mine with me, too cheap to give away). My coffee maker and our favorite coffee cups. Small electronics, chargers, etc.
    that's awesome thanks guys! here is the list I have so far in 2 cars:
    --TO TAKE IN DF’S CAR (FROM POINT A TO POINT B)

• Candles
    • Cleaning products
    • Laundry needs (detergent/ dryer sheets)
    • Towels
    • Blow up mattress
    • Pillows/sheets/towels
    • Aerosol cans
    • Lock box with special docs (i.e. marriage cert, birth certs, vaccine records for dogs, Heather’s medical records)
    • Wedding pictures/unreplaceable items (wedding stuff, family photos etc)

--TO TAKE IN MY CAR (NEEDED AT HOTEL)

• Clothes for 2 weeks
    • Dog bowls+
    • computers
    • Dog food
    • Water bowl
    • Wine
    • Beer
    • Toiletries
    • Hotel reservation paperwork (Heather’s wonderful folder)
    • Breakfast foods
    • Paper plates/ plastic silverware/solo cups
    • diet coke/ coke
    • Dog toys
    • DOGS

I'm really hoping we aren't in FL too long without furniture; we are planning (hoping at this point I guess) to pack out of here around April 19/20 and not arriving in FL until May 1 since we have to go to Boston first for my brothers wedding.
  8. Senior Member
    I brought all of my spices. It was a giant tub full because I have a cooking problem I also brought a pot, sautee pan, a can opener, a cooking spoon and spatula. I was grateful for those things because we could have at least some real food in the hotel for the two weeks we were there.

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    I brought all of my spices. It was a giant tub full because I have a cooking problem I also brought a pot, sautee pan, a can opener, a cooking spoon and spatula. I was grateful for those things because we could have at least some real food in the hotel for the two weeks we were there.
    Oo good idea! I will add those to the list for DF's car haha he's gonna hate me. I couldn't imagine being in a hotel for 2 weeks! I'm hoping we have a house when we get there...we called and right now there's no wait for housing and we have a meeting with a realtor in February so hopefully we'll have something
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post
    Oo good idea! I will add those to the list for DF's car haha he's gonna hate me. I couldn't imagine being in a hotel for 2 weeks! I'm hoping we have a house when we get there...we called and right now there's no wait for housing and we have a meeting with a realtor in February so hopefully we'll have something
    we were told we'd have a house before we got here. The housing office here does NOT have their shit together. We only had to wait two weeks because we checked back every other day and hounded them. It was so annoying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast