Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: EFMP Question

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

EFMP Question

Advertisements
    I've been trying to get my EFMP overseas screening (which has been an uphill battle dealing with a woman who doesn't want to do her job). Long story short, my medical records say my doctor recommended I see a psychiatrist over 2 years ago. I never went because I had just mentioned to him that I was just nervous about transferring schools. I saw a school guidance counselor who helped me and now I've been completely fine living on my own at a new school for 2 years. I've never been to a psychiatrist or been on medication, but because this recommendation is present on my medical records I might be denied command sponsorship to Germany. Has anyone ever experienced something like this? I'm hoping to talk to the doctor tomorrow.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Could it effect you getting clearance, Yes.

Even though you feel you are better, you would need your doctor to sign off on that and get it removed from your record and I'm not sure how that goes.

EFMP is there to help you guys out and to help the med group to ensure that they have the abilities to help you.

EFMP screening is a blessing and a curse. We are thankful for it; but, sometimes....It is like ripping our your hair going through it. Just remember, that the lady is doing her job. It just might not be what you want it to be. She has a checklist and a procedure to follow through with. It is a bunch of hurry up and wait.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  3. Senior Member
    Deciding on your own to not go see the psychiatrist back then may be hurting you now. In their eyes, you needed it and chose to not go. The psychiatrist could have signed off that you are feeling better. But he wasn't able to, so to them the condition is still existing.

Just because the lady is following procedures that you don't agree with or its not what you want to hear, doesn't mean she's not doing her job.

I'm sorry it's so frustrating though.
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    UPDATE: Thanks everyone, I went to my doctor and got it taken off along with a script saying it was resolved years ago without a psychiatrist. They approved my EFMP form a few hours later