Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Give Me Your PCS Confessions!!!

1. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey

Neener Give Me Your PCS Confessions!!!

Advertisements
    I'm in the middle of a prolonged PCS due to renting our home in a college town, my work schedule, DH's orders, my NEW work assignment...

I have contemplated and actually done some fairly funny/amusing/embarrassing things in attempts to survive PCSing, or just related to moves in general. I can't be the only one.

So what are your dirty little secrets?

Mine...

Let's see, the thing I was doing tonight that prompted me to write this thread was that I realized I've been without my washer/dryer for about a week now, and I counted my underwear to figure out how long I can survive before I am forced to go to the laundromat.

And the other embarrassing habit I have is cleaning obsessively before the movers arrive. My husband thinks it's the screwiest thing he's ever seen, but I always tell him I don't want them to think we are gross people.

So c'mon ... do tell!

www.SnarkyFit.com
  2. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

I was pregnant when we PCS'd, so no reason to take lingerie (that didn't fit) in my suitcase. Some man awkwardly packed and shipped it all, after making sure to ask "this, too?" "yep! That too."

...it still doesn't fit.
  3. Senior Member
    I obsessively cleaned before the movers arrived as well. I remember being up til 2 am finishing cleaning the night before they came. I packed all my bras, underwear, and lingerie(pretty much anything someone other then DH and I shouldn't see) to keep with me. For one I didn't know how long I'd be without our stuff, and for two it's just weird having someone touch that stuff that I don't know.

Also, our dog has a tire. A truck sized tire so it's big. It was in the garage and I had to point out what they were taking since we lived with DH's grandparents and not everything was going. So I pointed to the tire and said "The tire as well" the guy asked "Just one?" I said yupp and he was a bit confused so I said "It's the dogs. He'll be mad if it's forgotten." His expression was funny.
  4. Senior Member
    I've already started getting rid of stuff I don't need because we have another PCS coming up.

On our last one, I left my keys out and they got packed. Such a rookie move and it wasn't even my first PCS.

I hate the idea of strangers touching my things, so I pack all my undies and bras and bring them in the car with me.

I also compulsively clean before the movers arrive because I don't want them to think we're slobs.

5. Mouse Addict
    Mouse Addict
    This one wasn't me....but my husband accidently send his GTC in our safe. Realized it the day we were out processing for him to go TDY to MS before coming to Germany. That was fun to explain to the company why he needed a new one overnighted.
  6. Senior Member
    The most embarrassing PCS thing ever was when we were leaving Germany. Of course, the packers were German. I majored in history with a concentration in WWII and the Holocaust so my book shelf is filled with books about Hitler, concentration camps, etc. I have a copy of Mein Kampf, I even have a biography of Hitler where the cover is just his face. I didn't think about this at all, until of course the movers go to pack up my books. I stopped dead and looked at DH and he realized and just bust out laughing. I'll never forget the movers' faces as they packed my books. I wanted to die. They probably thought I was some kind of neo-Nazi. So now, I pack all of my sensitive books myself

7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Blog Entries
    I am taking notes because my first PCS is coming up in November...
  8. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    The most embarrassing PCS thing ever was when we were leaving Germany. Of course, the packers were German. I majored in history with a concentration in WWII and the Holocaust so my book shelf is filled with books about Hitler, concentration camps, etc. I have a copy of Mein Kampf, I even have a biography of Hitler where the cover is just his face. I didn't think about this at all, until of course the movers go to pack up my books. I stopped dead and looked at DH and he realized and just bust out laughing. I'll never forget the movers' faces as they packed my books. I wanted to die. They probably thought I was some kind of neo-Nazi. So now, I pack all of my sensitive books myself
    I never even thought of that!

9. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    That is hysterical. If it makes you feel any better, I have a ton of books on domestic violence
    (for work)-- so ya know, people are probably judging DH from time to time.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  10. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

This may have been against a regulation, but when we PCS'ed last time, we were in our RV and doing a full dity (or whatever it's called now). Well, you have to get the empty weight of the vehicle and we'd been living at the FamCamp for almost a year. So we definitely left all our belongings at our camping site on the ground for about an hour when we drove off base to the weigh station

I'm not sure I'd do that again, but I haven't really thought about since then.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast