Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Orders to Fort Bliss

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Orders to Fort Bliss

Advertisements
    Hey everyone. . My husband just received his order to PCS to Fort Bliss in December. We currently live in Florida and I have never been anywhere else so I'm a little nervous. Any information/advice you can give on base housing or jobs for wives would be amazing. I have been looking online and it just feels like I'm going in circles.
  2. Senior Member
    Have you looked for a family Facebook page of the base? Have you reached out to your ombudsman or key spouse of the new command (not sure what they are called in the army). Military one source can also help point you in the right direction too on housing and jobs.
  3. Senior Member
    If you go on the base website you can see what the houses floor plans look like. They're nice houses. There is also a place on base that you can go to that will help you find a job.
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thank you. I looked at the floor plans but there are so many and without being there it is really hard to know where they are and which we should apply for. Any suggestions?
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    We are air force going to an army base and everything I have found for support is for army wives of officers. :/
  6. Senior Member
    Which housing neighborhood you're assigned to all depends on the servicemember's rank. Once you talk to housing, they should be able to point you in the direction of a floorplan or even a Youtube video walkthrough, if you're lucky! Have you looked at Balfour Beatty's website for Fort Bliss homes?
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Never even heard of it... I will look now. Thank you so much.