Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Why am I not on his orders? - PCS to Germany

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Why am I not on his orders? - PCS to Germany

Advertisements
    I'm not on my DH's orders although I went through EMFP and my government passport is ready in the office on base. We signed up for deferred travel, because my DD's school doens't end until end of June and DH's report date is in the beginning of June, so I wanted to We cannot even get HHG scheduled yet. The current base explanation: Germany has to amend the orders when he gets there, so we can schedule the movers. Germany's explanation: They cannot amend the orders/give us the paper to schedule the movers UNTIL we get housing assigned (what can take a while).

Where did we go wrong? What should we do to get our HHG moved before we get housing in Germany?

I don't care much about when we can leave, but I care about scheduling the HHG shippment. Our house will be rented out in 6 weeks and I don't really want to move everything to storage first.
  2. Senior Member
    It may very well be that the location he is going to in Germany has a policy that family members are not authorized to arrive until housing has been secured. This has happened in the past in areas where the available housing is in short supply. If this is the case, the two replies you are receiving are actually in line with each other. Also, if that is how it works there, there is nothing you can do to get your HHG moved at this time.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Auria View Post
    I'm not on my DH's orders although I went through EMFP and my government passport is ready in the office on base. We signed up for deferred travel, because my DD's school doens't end until end of June and DH's report date is in the beginning of June, so I wanted to We cannot even get HHG scheduled yet. The current base explanation: Germany has to amend the orders when he gets there, so we can schedule the movers. Germany's explanation: They cannot amend the orders/give us the paper to schedule the movers UNTIL we get housing assigned (what can take a while).

Where did we go wrong? What should we do to get our HHG moved before we get housing in Germany?

I don't care much about when we can leave, but I care about scheduling the HHG shippment. Our house will be rented out in 6 weeks and I don't really want to move everything to storage first.
    This sounds very odd. I have never heard of not being able to amend orders until housing is assigned. He needs to get his orders amended in order to get you and the kids on the orders and once that happens than he can set up movers and once the orders are secured than he can apply for housing (if there is base housing). He needs to go back and talk to his orderly room or whomever it is that deals with orders for his command because something is off.
  4. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Yeah, delayed dependent travel shouldn't affect HHG, and it may not even require an amendment of orders. You should have been on the orders, regardless of a delayed travel. Generally, dependents have like 90 days after RNLTD to arrive on station. The orders (if they are amended) would simply have a line added stating 'delayed dependent travel' or similar. Its possible that Germany hasn't cleared you yet, but that seems unlikely too since you have govt passport. (BTW, side note, if you haven't gotten tourist passports, get them. You cannot travel to any other country on govt passport, it takes 6-8 weeks to get one).

Its possible they may not let him secure housing until you are due to arrive, but that also depends on location.

However, his HHG can be shipped at any time, they will just keep it in storage until you get a place. It shouldn't matter if you and children are leaving now, or 6 months from now. He needs to talk to TMO again, orderly room, or get his shirt involved. Because HHG and UAB have nothing to do with when dependents are leaving, only if dependents are staying and not going at all. HHG takes two months anyway, so you would still arrive before it got there (likely). And UAB is quicker and things he would need when he gets there.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    Yeah, delayed dependent travel shouldn't affect HHG, and it may not even require an amendment of orders. You should have been on the orders, regardless of a delayed travel. Generally, dependents have like 90 days after RNLTD to arrive on station. The orders (if they are amended) would simply have a line added stating 'delayed dependent travel' or similar. Its possible that Germany hasn't cleared you yet, but that seems unlikely too since you have govt passport. (BTW, side note, if you haven't gotten tourist passports, get them. You cannot travel to any other country on govt passport, it takes 6-8 weeks to get one).

Its possible they may not let him secure housing until you are due to arrive, but that also depends on location.

However, his HHG can be shipped at any time, they will just keep it in storage until you get a place. It shouldn't matter if you and children are leaving now, or 6 months from now. He needs to talk to TMO again, orderly room, or get his shirt involved. Because HHG and UAB have nothing to do with when dependents are leaving, only if dependents are staying and not going at all. HHG takes two months anyway, so you would still arrive before it got there (likely). And UAB is quicker and things he would need when he gets there.
    We got our government passport before our clearance. That can happen depending on the base.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz