Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Movers

1. Senior Member

Movers

Advertisements
    THEY ARE FREAKING HERE!

After having them set to come then having to cancel then having to call back and set a new date, they are here!

I feel awkward just sitting around...I know they need to do it all. But I'm still questioning is there anything I can do?!

I'm excited! For so many reasons. The separation is almost over. We both finally get to see something out of our home state. So many new adventures! New things to explore/learn about. Oh, and the heat! I am seriously over the moon about the Texas heat! I despise the cold with all of my being. I know there will be times I will hate the heat, but for the most part, I will love it.

So here's to an exciting change of things!
  2. Regular Member
    Omg! That's so exciting I'm so happy for you. I love change! I can't wait for my journey to start with DB
  3. Senior Member
    Other than providing the movers with water, Gatorade, snacks and lunch (all of which are not required of you but it is a nice gesture) there's really nothing else you can do.

Good luck with the rest of your move! The one thing I don't miss about home is the Texas heat!

4. Senior Member
    So exciting! I'm so happy for you!
  5. Senior Member
    I usually pop my head in each room every few minutes to check on them. Sometimes I write our last name and phone number (or use up any leftover address labels if I have them) on the boxes as they are packed, just in case.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Senya View Post
    Omg! That's so exciting I'm so happy for you. I love change! I can't wait for my journey to start with DB
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    So exciting! I'm so happy for you!
    Thank you ladies!
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Other than providing the movers with water, Gatorade, snacks and lunch (all of which are not required of you but it is a nice gesture) there's really nothing else you can do.

Good luck with the rest of your move! The one thing I don't miss about home is the Texas heat!
    I cannot wait for the heat! I'm crazy, I know. But I love the heat!
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    I usually pop my head in each room every few minutes to check on them. Sometimes I write our last name and phone number (or use up any leftover address labels if I have them) on the boxes as they are packed, just in case.
    They did write our name on all boxes. Didn't think of the phone number part though. I was constantly poking my head in each room. Only a bedroom, living room, kitchenette, and bathroom so I stayed in the living room/kitchenette area and would peek in the bedroom.

They were really nice guys. I offered them water and lunch but they said they had stuff in the truck. And I did see a cooler in the truck so I guess they were all set. They left some boxes, tape, saran wrap, and the paper that they wrapped the fragile items in. But my dad is moving and could use all that so I'll give it to him.
  7. Senior Member
    Congrats ...... happy you had what sounds like a good crew. I have generally been very happy with all of our movers and they have been very good guys.
  8. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by caljmw649 View Post
    They left some boxes, tape, saran wrap, and the paper that they wrapped the fragile items in. But my dad is moving and could use all that so I'll give it to him.
    Did they just pack today and load tomorrow? If so, they will probably grab the leftover items tomorrow. I would wait to make sure.
  9. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Just sit back and relax

When I did my first PCS 18 months ago the only thing that I really occupied myself with was making sure that my rather vast book collection was properly packed and labeled. The kid doing the packing got a kick out of how organized I was with my collection. What I didn't want was to open a box of books that were completely out of category order when I got to Korea.

We even sat on the couch with the movers and watched Jerry Springer with them while they were on their lunch break
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious_Nicole View Post
    Congrats ...... happy you had what sounds like a good crew. I have generally been very happy with all of our movers and they have been very good guys.
    Whenever I've moved my family and I have always packed ourselves so I was very unsure of what to expect. But it was such a breeze!
    Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    Did they just pack today and load tomorrow? If so, they will probably grab the leftover items tomorrow. I would wait to make sure.
    Nope, packed and loaded yesterday. I put the paper, saran wrap, and tape in one box so if they do come back for it, it's all in one area.
    Quote Originally Posted by TMOMom View Post
    Just sit back and relax

When I did my first PCS 18 months ago the only thing that I really occupied myself with was making sure that my rather vast book collection was properly packed and labeled. The kid doing the packing got a kick out of how organized I was with my collection. What I didn't want was to open a box of books that were completely out of category order when I got to Korea.

We even sat on the couch with the movers and watched Jerry Springer with them while they were on their lunch break
    They went out to the truck and ate their lunch. Plus my TV was already dismantled. As much as I love reading, I don't have many books. But if I did I'm sure I would have done the same!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast