Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Shipping a vehicle across country

1. Champagne Supernova
    Champagne Supernova

Shipping a vehicle across country

Advertisements
    Hi again

So anyone who has read any of my posts probably knows I keep going back and forth about what to do with my car. I've decided (after almost selling it) that I would prefer to have it shipped from Jacksonville,Florida to San Diego. I'd rather pay a chunk of money one time rather then paying it in two months for a new car payment.

So my question is this : does anyone know of any good companies I could go though? What has your experience been if you've done this in the past?

I really appreciate everyone's help. This has been a huge ordeal! (As I've whined about a million times )
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Farfalla View Post
    Hi again

So anyone who has read any of my posts probably knows I keep going back and forth about what to do with my car. I've decided (after almost selling it) that I would prefer to have it shipped from Jacksonville,Florida to San Diego. I'd rather pay a chunk of money one time rather then paying it in two months for a new car payment.

So my question is this : does anyone know of any good companies I could go though? What has your experience been if you've done this in the past?

I really appreciate everyone's help. This has been a huge ordeal! (As I've whined about a million times )
    I believe in your situation, the cost of shipping your vehicle costs more than the value of the car itself (estimated value under $1,500 because of body damage, it needs work, and it has over 100K mi on it). Also, all the shipping costs come out of your own pocket because the military does not pay to ship cars from state to state (I wasn't sure if you're aware or not). I really recommend against shipping it.

Have you gotten any quotes yet?
    Last edited by idratherbehiking; 03-05-2016 at 10:33 AM.