Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: PCS to ITALY!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

PCS to ITALY!

Advertisements
    We are moving out this Thursday!!!

Any tips for the movers?? This will be our first PCS together (moving to Germany I shipped my own things). Should I have everything out like I want them packed? Or should I just leave everything as is?

ONLY FOUR DAYS!!

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  2. Senior Member
    I haven't done pcs from a home yet. We are doing pcs after a deployment and almost all our stuff is packed in storage while I stay at parent's until deployment is done. I'm not sure but I wanted to say WOW! Italy! Sounds like a vacation!! Even though I know it's really not but still! What a place to pcs!! I would love it! I hope you enjoy!
  3. Senior Member
    How exciting!

They prefer you leave everything as is.
    You will want to take down all draperies (wash them) and rods. Also take down anything else you have hanging on your walls. Take the batteries out of everything, I canít stress that enough. I like to throw cables in Ziplock bags and label them. Next PCS I will bag our silverware too because unwrapping every single fork was a PITA. Also, separate out all the prohibited items like candles, liquids, etc. Our last movers packed everything, even gasoline, they just didnít care.

On move day, make sure you have your keys and purse with you or locked in a room. Nothing is worse than digging through boxes trying to find your keys. Lock everything your taking with you, like documents and luggage, in a room to ensure they don't get packed. Keep an eye on the packers, don't hover, but do be watchful. We like to provide them with water/soda/gatorade and snacks.

Iíll add more if I can remember anything else. Good luck with your move!

4. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    4 days!!! Did you have prior warning or is this like the most last minute pcs ever?
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  5. Senior Member
    No advice, but thats awesome! Enjoy your time there!
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by tofuface View Post
    I haven't done pcs from a home yet. We are doing pcs after a deployment and almost all our stuff is packed in storage while I stay at parent's until deployment is done. I'm not sure but I wanted to say WOW! Italy! Sounds like a vacation!! Even though I know it's really not but still! What a place to pcs!! I would love it! I hope you enjoy!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    How exciting!

They prefer you leave everything as is.
    You will want to take down all draperies (wash them) and rods. Also take down anything else you have hanging on your walls. Take the batteries out of everything, I can’t stress that enough. I like to throw cables in Ziplock bags and label them. Next PCS I will bag our silverware too because unwrapping every single fork was a PITA. Also, separate out all the prohibited items like candles, liquids, etc. Our last movers packed everything, even gasoline, they just didn’t care.

On move day, make sure you have your keys and purse with you or locked in a room. Nothing is worse than digging through boxes trying to find your keys. Lock everything your taking with you, like documents and luggage, in a room to ensure they don't get packed. Keep an eye on the packers, don't hover, but do be watchful. We like to provide them with water/soda/gatorade and snacks.

I’ll add more if I can remember anything else. Good luck with your move!
    Thank you! Good tip about the purse, I would have totally left it out!

Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    4 days!!! Did you have prior warning or is this like the most last minute pcs ever?
    Oh no we have known about this for a while thank god

Quote Originally Posted by irish85 View Post
    No advice, but thats awesome! Enjoy your time there!
    Thank you!

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey