Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dependent medical clearance for a CONUS to CONUS move???

1. Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!

Bang Head Dependent medical clearance for a CONUS to CONUS move???

Advertisements
    I have seriously never, in my life, had to jump through so many damn hoops just to move. And back to my hometown none the less!!!

Has anyone ever had to deal with trying to get medical clearance for a stateside to stateside move? I've heard of it when going overseas, but never for moving back to the same damn place I just came from!!

(If you can't tell, I quite literally am pulling my hair out right now.)

I know for EFMP, they need to make sure that medical care can be provided at the gaining base, but I'm no longer EFMP. My docs signed off on me leaving the program months before we found out we were moving. They want me to get medically released from EVERY doctor I've had here that I have seen more than once. And DH's orders wont be signed off on until they receive all this crap. We move in less than 2 months. And without orders, as Im sure most of yall know, I can't set up the movers, I can't put in notice with housing, I can't friggin do anything.

Please tell me someone out there has had to deal with this headache of an ordeal before.
    Im at the point that I really just want to scream and cry and tear the med group a new friggin hole.
    Women are not the weak, frail little flowers that they are advertised. There has never been anything invented yet, including war, that a man would enter into, that a woman wouldn't, too. --Will Rogers

Sometimes damaged goods are more valuable because of their unique qualities.

FOLLOW OPSEC PLEASE!!!!!
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Seems strange. Because it's not like you need permission or a visa, passport, etc to move. Or that you couldn't just move there on your own.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Senior Member
    Call the EFMP coordinator and see if you are actually disenrolled in EFMP.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Call the EFMP coordinator and see if you are actually disenrolled in EFMP.
    I am. Ive been down to her office twice this week (dropping off papers for DH).

This coordinator is new, so Idk if thats could be why Im having to do all this. Im just tired of it. Seriously, just let us move.

I hate Oklahoma.
    Women are not the weak, frail little flowers that they are advertised. There has never been anything invented yet, including war, that a man would enter into, that a woman wouldn't, too. --Will Rogers

FOLLOW OPSEC PLEASE!!!!!
  5. Senior Member
    So who exactly is telling you that you need to have all this stuff? Perhaps your DH can contact the gaining command for guidance.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    We had trouble from overseas to stateside. We were denied at 4 bases and had to fight to get the last one.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  7. Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    So who exactly is telling you that you need to have all this stuff? Perhaps your DH can contact the gaining command for guidance.
    The folks crating the orders, so Personnel? His commander here has offered to look into it all. Dh says if we dont have some sort of update by Monday, hes gonna start some intercontinental yelling.

I cant help to think that if he were here that none of this would be happening. But since he's due to be home less than a month before we move, the Air Force gods hate us and wish to drive me crazy.

Im half asleep at the moment, so sorry if I sounds crazy!

: suspect

FOLLOW OPSEC PLEASE!!!!!
  8. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    where are you going? is it a remote location with limited facilities?

But if you are disenrolled it shouldn't even be a factor. Were you disenrolled before his orders came up, or was it recent/after them?

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    where are you going? is it a remote location with limited facilities?

But if you are disenrolled it shouldn't even be a factor. Were you disenrolled before his orders came up, or was it recent/after them?
    She said she was disenrolled months before finding out they were moving.
  10. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieGrl View Post
    I am. Ive been down to her office twice this week (dropping off papers for DH).

This coordinator is new, so Idk if thats could be why Im having to do all this. Im just tired of it. Seriously, just let us move.

I hate Oklahoma.

I would ask to see the screen or print out where it shows you as disenrolled. Could be that even though the doctors signed off you were done with program, someone forgot to update the system.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast