Thread: New bah is out

1. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries

New bah is out

Advertisements
    http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/bahCalc.cfm
    Go check your new bah.
    What's the regs on if your bah goes down?
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    San Diego went down? For real? Only a couple bucks, but, wow.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

Ours in Hawaii went from 3,300 to like 3,000...ITS HAWAII!! housing is super expensive here so I don't know how they went down
  4. Senior Member
    If it goes down you are grandfathered in, so if you are already receiving a high rate for that location you will continue to receive the higher rate.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    San Diego went down? For real? Only a couple bucks, but, wow.
    Most ranks went up. Weirdly, at DH's rank, it went *down* slightly for w/ dependents, and up for without. So weird. (Thankfully we are grandfathered in, even though it's not a huge decrease anyway.)

Also, once again, whomever calculates these things is smoking something. Even though they are phasing in the new plan under which BAH covers a bit less, there is NFW it costs less to rent a home in San Diego. No way. It's almost laughable.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by jellybeanerr View Post
    Ours in Hawaii went from 3,300 to like 3,000...ITS HAWAII!! housing is super expensive here so I don't know how they went down
    Not to mention the huge COLA cut over the summer. I feel bad for new comers, the wait list for on base housing is about to get crazy.
  7. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Most ranks went up. Weirdly, at DH's rank, it went *down* slightly for w/ dependents, and up for without. So weird. (Thankfully we are grandfathered in, even though it's not a huge decrease anyway.)

Also, once again, whomever calculates these things is smoking something. Even though they are phasing in the new plan under which BAH covers a bit less, there is NFW it costs less to rent a home in San Diego. No way. It's almost laughable.
    They are on crack ours went down almost $200 I thought we were grandfathered in just wanted to make sure cause someone on the interwebz said I was wrong.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

8. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

The same thing happened on our end. Something even more strange? Dh is getting promoted in a few months and he makes more bah now than what his peers will be making when they all pin on. Thank heaven for grandfathering!
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  9. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket

That's crazy! My rent woulda gone up 10% to $1745 if DH and I hadn't bought. Did you see the report (I think kpbs had it) about how there's a sudden dramatic shortage of rentals in SD right now and it's making prices spike? Hope people don't get totally priced out of this city, jeeze.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  10. Senior Member
    Ours here went up by like $20. But we're moving next year after DH finishes school.. Benning surprisingly went down for DH's rank with dependents, but up without dependents. We're living on post for the first time though, so his BAH going down about 200 bucks kind of solidified that for me. He was hinting for me to find a house off post with all the money he'd get for housing, but it wasn't worth it to be off base with him working so much and it def won't be worth it now!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast