Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Stress level 5000000

1. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

Help Stress level 5000000

Advertisements
    How do you handle all of the stress associated with a move? Right now DH is on assignment for Stewart, no orders yet, but is due there in April. However, he is in the process of trying to reclass and if he succeeds, that'll change everything. So I feel like what is the point of trying to plan until we know more? But then again, its only a few short months away as it is. Its our first PCS and I am just beyond stressed. Every time I begin to think about what is coming, the travelling, and the list of things that need to be done, my anxiety flares and I have to just turn it off. Driving out of Alaska with a 2.5 year old is my biggest issue I think, along with the fact that we plan to do a partial DITY.

So, what is your go-to method for handling this stress? Do you have any advice for a first move, specifically OCONUS to the lower 48?

2. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    First moves can be crazy stressful! Especially when you have no idea where the next location is going to be. I am on my 3rd relocation and I still stress out. To be honest waiting until you get the orders is the best way to handle it. I would research possible relocation areas out of boredom, but that doesn't really help. I wish I could be more helpful.
  3. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

What justagirl said. Wait to start stressing out and worrying until he gets the orders first. I know it's hard to do because the possibility is there, but like you said, it could change. I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time lately though. Hope your anxiety eases off some. Easier said than done, I know.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  4. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

Thanks guys <3 I appreciate it. I need to just not think about it until he has orders but that is so hard, knowing that time is dwindling