Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So....how is Offutt in the spring????

1. Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!

Screwy So....how is Offutt in the spring????

Advertisements
    [Im totally kidding...seeing as I grew up there. I very much know how it is. But were going back!]

Women are not the weak, frail little flowers that they are advertised. There has never been anything invented yet, including war, that a man would enter into, that a woman wouldn't, too. --Will Rogers

Sometimes damaged goods are more valuable because of their unique qualities.

FOLLOW OPSEC PLEASE!!!!!
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

I wish...
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    Im not sure if I want to go back! I mean, yes, I really really want to get out of Oklahoma. But I dont want to deal with the whole finding a new job and all that other crap. Plus, have you ever tried to move 46+ firearms, 300lbs of ammo, and 1500+ movies DITY? Its so not fun! Oh, and cant forget the motorcycles. All 3 of them. Ugh. Maybe this will be our last move.
    Women are not the weak, frail little flowers that they are advertised. There has never been anything invented yet, including war, that a man would enter into, that a woman wouldn't, too. --Will Rogers

FOLLOW OPSEC PLEASE!!!!!
  4. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

We don't have that many firearms/ammo, but we did move three autos, three cars, four dogs, and three kids this last time.

I was hoping you'd be headed east this PCS.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm at Offutt now! I remember reading how much you disliked Altus so it's great that you're going somewhere that you enjoyed! Congrats!
  6. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

IT IS GLORIOUS!

I plan on going back for a visit next year.....
  7. Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    We don't have that many firearms/ammo, but we did move three autos, three cars, four dogs, and three kids this last time.

I was hoping you'd be headed east this PCS.
    I was hoping to go East too! Pensacola was on our short list of possibilities. I had my fingers crossed, but apparently it just didnt work. : (

Quote Originally Posted by Jazmine View Post
    I'm at Offutt now! I remember reading how much you disliked Altus so it's great that you're going somewhere that you enjoyed! Congrats!
    I wouldnt say I enjoyed Offutt, seeing as I grew up there, but its a hell of a lot better than Altus. Im excited to get back into our house and decorate/remodel like we were planning to 3 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Mermaid. View Post
    IT IS GLORIOUS!

I plan on going back for a visit next year.....
    You best come visit me! Guest bedroom will be ready! And bring that crazy puppy of yours. Hes so damn cute!

FOLLOW OPSEC PLEASE!!!!!
  8. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieGrl View Post
    I was hoping to go East too! Pensacola was on our short list of possibilities. I had my fingers crossed, but apparently it just didnt work. : (

I wouldnt say I enjoyed Offutt, seeing as I grew up there, but its a hell of a lot better than Altus. Im excited to get back into our house and decorate/remodel like we were planning to 3 years ago!

You best come visit me! Guest bedroom will be ready! And bring that crazy puppy of yours. Hes so damn cute!
    Only if you are in Offutt I'm not driving to Oklahoma....there are crazy people there!

Have you seen the picture of the puppy in his bow tie?
  9. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Was at offutt but long ago. Being raised in the area i can say id not chose it. Lol my husband enlisted in part to escape omaha. And guess what we got alaska hahaha jokes on us. We were both so shoked i even cried the first half hour my husband failed a test. But now im excited only one thing... what if you dont find a new home inside the 10 days?
  10. Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Homawoo View Post
    Was at offutt but long ago. Being raised in the area i can say id not chose it. Lol my husband enlisted in part to escape omaha. And guess what we got alaska hahaha jokes on us. We were both so shoked i even cried the first half hour my husband failed a test. But now im excited only one thing... what if you dont find a new home inside the 10 days?
    The 10 days is just what you are reimbursed for. You can stay in lodging as long as its needed, its not like they will kick you out after 10 days. Since you will be in Alaska, and its considered an OCONUS move, it may be different. If youre moving into military housing, hopefully yall are already on the wait list, then it wont be long til you get a home. If you plan on renting or buying, then you may end up in lodging longer than the 10 days. Dont sweat it, have fun! I have friends headed up there in a few months and Im totally jealous!

FOLLOW OPSEC PLEASE!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast