Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Concerned about orders to UK

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Concerned about orders to UK

Advertisements
    Okay, my husband just got an assignment in the UK. We are super excited BUT

After he found out, we discovered that another guy he worked with had the orders originally but they they were canceled due to something with medical. The guy is pissed (which I understand) and is trying to fight to get the orders back. He has had the orders for several months. I don't know the story behind why they were canceled, just that he was medically disqualified. He is claiming it was a mistake.

We have been told repeatedly the orders are ours now and to proceed with the out processing check list. We have done overseas medical screenings, applied for government passports, etc.

But everywhere we turn this other guy is still trying to get his orders back.

Is this normal? Can he get them back? I'm super paranoid because we are working so hard on doing everything we need to do to move.

What is military policy on this? Anyone know?
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MollyPaws View Post
    Okay, my husband just got an assignment in the UK. We are super excited BUT

After he found out, we discovered that another guy he worked with had the orders originally but they they were canceled due to something with medical. The guy is pissed (which I understand) and is trying to fight to get the orders back. He has had the orders for several months. I don't know the story behind why they were canceled, just that he was medically disqualified. He is claiming it was a mistake.

We have been told repeatedly the orders are ours now and to proceed with the out processing check list. We have done overseas medical screenings, applied for government passports, etc.

But everywhere we turn this other guy is still trying to get his orders back.

Is this normal? Can he get them back? I'm super paranoid because we are working so hard on doing everything we need to do to move.

What is military policy on this? Anyone know?
    I don't know of any policies or anything but they don't just cancel orders based on a medical reason just on a whim. And I thought there was a chance to for lack of a better word appeal the decision after it is made. So like he could say the reason is invalid and they check or whatever and decide. I don't know though for sure.

So yeah, just continue on doing what you need to do to go. I would guess more likely than not he will not get the orders back.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    There are a lot of things it could be. Some can be just because of capabilities by the medical staff and there isn't availability. He would have gotten a report that said why it was denied. Trust me, we know if it is Air Force.

In order to get it reversed, he would need to know why and do the leg work to support that he is capable in going. He would need to submit paperwork to challenge it. Can it be reversed? Yes. We know people that had it done and we did it for ourselves. It is a process and can be frustrating. Can it be upheld and he will not go, yes.

If you have your checklist, just keep plugging along.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz