Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: South Korea Command Sponsorship process

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

South Korea Command Sponsorship process

Advertisements
    Hi! I'm hoping I can get some insight/information as to how the process for command sponsorship works. DH got orders to report to Camp Henry in February and we're hoping to go with. He went and filled out some forms and had them sent to the gaining unit (I guess thats who it went to). They told him we had to wait for an EFMP screening. Do I need a physical before they'll do my EFMP screening? He's away for training for the next month, so I'm a little stressed out over this and wanting to make sure that we stay on top of it. Also, is there a way we can kinda track the process of paperwork, etc so that we are able to push it along if paperwork gets "lost" along the way? Or if anyone has any other resources to help calm my nerves, it would be greatly appreciated!!
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsmtbridr View Post
    Hi! I'm hoping I can get some insight/information as to how the process for command sponsorship works. DH got orders to report to Camp Henry in February and we're hoping to go with. He went and filled out some forms and had them sent to the gaining unit (I guess thats who it went to). They told him we had to wait for an EFMP screening. Do I need a physical before they'll do my EFMP screening? He's away for training for the next month, so I'm a little stressed out over this and wanting to make sure that we stay on top of it. Also, is there a way we can kinda track the process of paperwork, etc so that we are able to push it along if paperwork gets "lost" along the way? Or if anyone has any other resources to help calm my nerves, it would be greatly appreciated!!
    Yes for you to get command sponsorship you will have to have a physical checkup and than there is often mental and dental checkups. You have to do these and the gaining base has to review what the paperwork says and if they are willing to take you. If there are issues they have to see if they have the resources to care for you properly.

It can take several months to do all the checkups and have the paperwork go back and forth. There is no real way to track it last I knew. It just takes as long as it takes.