Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Hawaii Orders

1. Regular Member

Hawaii Orders

Advertisements
    Well DH and I will officially be moving to Hawaii! I am excited but also a little stressed out about our first move together (I "accidentally" moved to Washington with him one visit over the summer can lead to never leaving ) Commissioner Gordon (our small dog) will be coming with us of course and needs to go through a quarantine process. I really hope I don't botch up the paperwork because I would rather him have a 5 day quarantine as opposed to a 120 day once we get on the Island.

I am also trying to figure out what type of housing works best for us. We currently live off base and have been able to save some money but I am wondering it would be better to live in housing without the opportunity of a little extra cash. I assume that it is easier to make friends in base housing (I have had trouble in this area living off base) and our tiny dog will for sure be welcome. I have been looking at other living options and have been discouraged by the "NO PETS" disclaimer. I am just worried because I keep hearing how expensive Hawaii is and will also be trying to go to school, any extra cash will be welcome. What is more cost effective?

Any advice??? Please feel free to share your Hawaii experiences (good and bad).
  2. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    I'm civilian but did the move to Hawaii with 2 dogs, so am pretty familiar with the quarantine process. Sounds like you've already started the paperwork and I would just say follow it to a T. There's so much you need to do before getting there so as long as you follow that, it shouldn't be surprise he has to be quarantined! If you have any specific questions, would be glad to answer them.

What branch are you? What base will you be at?
    ~Becca~

3. Senior Member
    No advice, but I just love that your dog's name is Commissioner Gordon

4. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    I'm civilian but did the move to Hawaii with 2 dogs, so am pretty familiar with the quarantine process. Sounds like you've already started the paperwork and I would just say follow it to a T. There's so much you need to do before getting there so as long as you follow that, it shouldn't be surprise he has to be quarantined! If you have any specific questions, would be glad to answer them.

What branch are you? What base will you be at?
    Thank you, this dog thing is a huge stress producer at the moment! My husband is in the Navy and will be at K-Bay eventually (He needs to go through new training before we get there so we have time to get our shit together hahahaha)
  5. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    No advice, but I just love that your dog's name is Commissioner Gordon
    hehe Thank you. Would you be surprised if I told you that my husband named him? And no...he does not live up to such a powerful and brave name
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by supsavy View Post
    hehe Thank you. Would you be surprised if I told you that my husband named him? And no...he does not live up to such a powerful and brave name
    My husband is a huge Batman fan too