Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Need Advice re: GOODFELLOW AIRBASE

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Help Need Advice re: GOODFELLOW AIRBASE

Advertisements
    Hello everyone!

My husband will be going through training for a new career field in March '16. Normally I'd stay home with the kids since it's only 6 months, but we've decided to go with him this time. We are headed to Goodfellow in San Angelo, TX. ...then we'll do another 6 months in another location TBD.

I'm looking for any advice I can get about housing, renting furniture, the school system nearby (I have a first grader)...doctors, and hospitals (Did I mention I'm pregnant and due the week we are supposed to report? Good times..or timing)

I did as much research as I can online and I'm looking for people with real life experiences now.

Thank you in advance!
  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    We rented in Wall, and my son went to Wall ISD for Kindergarten and 1st grade. We loved it. It is close to the base (about 15 mins) and good area. I would avoid the area near walmart and the mall, and the areas directly off 67.

Near the river is nice, but there are some sketchy areas. We found Wall was the best option for rental. Base housing is actually off base by about 15 mins, its right by the rec center on the river. I'm not sure if they put you in temp housing on base the entire 6 months. TLF is nice, if you can manage to get it for the 6months, it comes furnished.

There wasn't an FMO when we were there, but you could go to their website to see if they have one now. For 6 months, your best bet is to see if they will put you in TLF (furnished) for 6 months, or find a furnished rental.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thank you so much! I really appreciate your feedback...I'll check out Wall!
  4. Moderator

We rented an apartment from Encino Park Apartments. We loved the complex, though it was a drive to Goodfellow. It was close to everything we needed though and we like being away from the military facility a bit.