Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: command sponsorship!

1. Regular Member
    He is currently stationed at fort hood but I am still home in Maryland
    Blog Entries

command sponsorship!

Advertisements
    Any information would be greatly appreciated. I don't know anything about the process and my husband has orders for Korea.
    Thanks!
  2. Senior Member
    About to go through this I'll just be here ha
  3. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    are his orders for 1 year unaccompanied?

It is slightly difficult to get command sponsorship for Korea. Most go non-command sponsored and live off base and take the risk of not needing base services.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  4. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    Just fill out the paperwork and hope for the best! NCS is an option but there is also a risk that your spouse may not get permission to live off base so you will have to deal with an apartment on your own.
  5. Senior Member
    The first thing you need to do is check to make sure you can even apply for sponsorship. Are his orders accompanied or unaccompanied. If they are unaccompanied, Korea is one of the few places it is practical to go without sponsorship, but you'll want to research it to make sure it makes sense in your situation.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  6. Regular Member
    good luck! Wish I had more info for you - I am waiting on command sponsorship to HI right now (they say we'll know Monday or Tuesday), too so I'll just join the
    Have you ever PCS'd with him before? Do you have any medical issues? Daily medication or anything like that?
    Last edited by milchel; 07-17-2015 at 02:19 PM. Reason: mis-read original post
  7. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    he didn't say if it was accompanied or unaccompanied. he just talked like it was accompanied. I didn't even know about that till i looked on here, i have a lot to learn. I have never PCS'd with him before this would be the first time and i don't have any medical issues. No daily medication unless birth control counts. I'm about to move to TX with him and his orders for Korea aren't for X more months yet so we have some time .
  8. Regular Member
    Does he have his actual printed orders? Best to look at those to see what your next steps will be.

Sounds like you're in good shape (I was told Birth Control doesn't count) - this is our first PCS too -- ours just got moved out 2 more weeks more and more and more paperwork. Our HR person just told me that I shouldn't go *anywhere* without his financial packet, in case she needs something quickly. Hurry up and Wait. I think the Army "hooah!" is really "HUAW!"

I don't know about Korea, so I couldn't really help there - I'm sure someone here has been to Korea?

I can only tell you that for OCONUS (Outside CONtinental US) they require the family to be screened for EFMP which requires forms and medical records of varying kinds. Also, lots of paperwork.

I swear, at this point I could hire myself out as a consultant to help fill out paperwork with people!

It's stressful, but we're making it through -- so I'm sure you can! ask any questions!
  9. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    thank you! that definitely helped some. i'm in delaware now and headed to TX soon so as soon as i get there i'll ask him to see his printed orders
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by missy918 View Post
    he didn't say if it was accompanied or unaccompanied. he just talked like it was accompanied. I didn't even know about that till i looked on here, i have a lot to learn. I have never PCS'd with him before this would be the first time and i don't have any medical issues. No daily medication unless birth control counts. I'm about to move to TX with him and his orders for Korea aren't for X more months yet so we have some time .
    Too much is going to depend on how the orders are written. If it is a command sponsorship tour, I believe it will be a min of 3 years. Before you can go, you will have to fill out a bunch of paperwork to ensure that they will be able to accept you. This will require, medical, EFMP, Dental, ect. You will sit before a dr board and they will examine everything and send their recommendation to the gaining base. If this is approved, you'll get your no-fee passport and it will process on.

If you are still a ways out this canbe cancelled and changed. Just wait to see what his online orders say.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast