Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: How Long

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

How Long

Advertisements
    How long does it take for you to unpack?

I feel that all I have been doing is unpack and nothing looks better! I feel I'm walking into a house of clutter!!! Everything had it spot before and now, trying to find it again has been hard.

I told hubby I want to just junk everything and start over; but, that is really not smart in any sense!

This move has been harder then I realized and I can't find the boys memory books that were created from Germany. Now, I want to tear everything apart trying to find them and I feel trapped. Ugh!

Anyways, how long for you until your house feels like yours.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  2. Senior Member
    For this last move, it took me about a month to get all of the boxes unpacked and the house organized how I wanted it to be. I left the garage stuff for my husband to do when he arrived. We downsized quite a bit between the last two moves so I didn't have very many boxes to deal with.
  3. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Our weight, minus the motorcycle was like 5,000 lbs. I had most of it unpacked in 3 days, then I had to go to work. DH got everything done the next 2 days by himself, so 5 days total. I have 1 box left in my closet with miscellaneous bathroom stuff.
  4. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

We also couldn't, and never did, find the hardware to my bed, so we wanted to get it done quickly, to see if it got stuff in a box somewhere.
  5. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

I am burned out on unpacking. Completely burned out. Our HHG were delivered three weeks ago (all 14,000 lbs of it). I'm down to less than 20 boxes and I don't want to finish, but I know that I have to. Hmph.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  6. Senior Member
    It took me a couple of days to unpack. But since our current place is significantly smaller than the last place, a lot of stuff went right back in the boxes amd is now taking up valuable space in the garage.

7. Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    I'm a bit of a type A I guess... It takes about a day... and by day I mean we gain possesion and I do not sleep untill everything is put away. I hate boxes and am a tote fan with all the moving we have done. It makes it easier.. I can see a certain color and know what room that is to go in.
    Florida girl in a Snowy World
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    I am burned out on unpacking. Completely burned out. Our HHG were delivered three weeks ago (all 14,000 lbs of it). I'm down to less than 20 boxes and I don't want to finish, but I know that I have to. Hmph.
    This is where I'm at. We had 10K and the house is a bit smaller then our apartment. Our garage is still full of the bins and stuff like that. Winter clothes, blankets, sleeping bags, ect. I'm really thinking about getting rid of more; but, it hs hard when you end up using it.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  9. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    This is where I'm at. We had 10K and the house is a bit smaller then our apartment. Our garage is still full of the bins and stuff like that. Winter clothes, blankets, sleeping bags, ect. I'm really thinking about getting rid of more; but, it hs hard when you end up using it.
    Our new home has a lot less storage space...that's what's killing me.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  10. Friendly Neighborhood Fabric Pimp
    Friendly Neighborhood Fabric Pimp
    I feel like it takes me forever!! Its mostly the kitchen that is the longest. We are still missing things from our move. Like a whole box with nail polish. We don't keep a lot of stuff anyway but I think it took me a month to completely unpack. Now i just have to decorate. That's what takes me forever.