Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What Would You Do?long

1. cutensweet96

Confused What Would You Do?long

Advertisements
    First, I am so bummed. Welcome to my pity party, My name is Jessica, & I will be your tour guide.
    We have PCS orders and C school orders for San Diego.
    The C school is from 4/2-6/25..then it becomes a PCS and he will be on the USS Nimitz. Currently we are in MI and he is in IL. We were planning on moving out there the end of march, right?
    WRONG..turns out they wont give us BAH for SD until he is done with C school.
    Now, in this very short time, DD will be turning one, taking her first steps, first easter, thats a lot. I have 2 choices; stay here until then, which means saving $, throwing a bday party etc.,but i dont have a job. OR we can pcs out there @ the end of march as planned and just get an apt off base, and we'd be paying 3 or 400$ every month more. I'm totally at a loss.
    HELP!what would you do?
  2. Senior Member
    If you can afford it, I would move out there. I wouldn't want anyone to miss the first years... But if you can't, it's ok. There are some things in life you just cant help
  3. sweet blue eyes
    Hi I am from MI too and now live in SD. I think it all depends on your financial situation. If you can afford to spend the money for those months then I would do it. They way your DH can expereince those moments with your DD. However, if moving in March would put you guys in debt or in a difficult position I would stay put. How much can you afford per month. We live in an apt (not base housing) and we pay 1130 a month for a 2 bed 2 bath. I hope it helps