Thread: Unaccompanied Baggage

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Lv. Percent
    69.47%

Unaccompanied Baggage

Advertisements
    Moving OCONUS: What do I pack in unaccompanied baggage? | Branching Out

I found this link and while it is old, I think it pertains some good information.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  2. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    79.05%
    This is great!! I'll be needing this in about a year, thanks!
  3. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    13.05%
    To add to the usual lists"

Laundry basket, trash can, lamp, house phone, any plastic storage drawer units you might have. (They won't pack real furniture, generally, but a few small plastic units, filled with other UAB stuff, seems to be no problem, and it helps with staying organized.)

Also, I recommend considering the possibility of planning to take delivery of UAB while still in the hotel when you arrive OCONUS. It means you need to tray to minimize a bit since you have to transport it from hotel to house. But it can be so nice to have this stuff in the hotel if you think you'll have a long stay. And many TLFs have storage so you don't have to keep all of it in your room.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Lv. Percent
    69.47%
    We are looking at our list for going back to the states. I have a list going on my computer on things that we could use.

I'm also looking at seasonal clothes too and little things that I want to bring from Germany home.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz